Artillery DENIED!!!

Irwin277

Hi folks,

Just noticed this starting to happen in battles/campaigns (only noticed it since patch 1.21).......

Some of my units can no longer request artillery fire, the icons for mortar, guns etc are crossed out DENIED. Is this a new feature?

I guessed that since patch 1.21 the game has tweeked who can request arty but I didn't see an update for this in the patch guide.

'Normal' units can request (scout teams, platoons, commanders etc) but I noticed the HUMVEE M707 couldn't (I'm guessing the M707 with it's laser is used to call in arty)?

Any help or advice on this one? I'm using the brits module but have noticed this happening Marine games so far

Cheers for your help!

Irwin277, there is an issue with games begun under 1.20 which are continued under 1.21. In that case artillery is denied. Is that what you are referring to?

It was hoped that you could apply the 1.21 patch to existing games, but unfortunately it has a side effect. It is safer to restart fresh games under 1.21. If you are playing the campaign, you should apply the patch between games.

The number of units who can call in artillery has not been decreased, but in fact increased since conventional Red HQs can now call in certain Red artillery.

Artillery should not be denied if you are playing Blue and have a Leader of some sort within the unit. Red units with Formation Leaders (Platoon, Company, Battalion Leaders) can also call in artillery now. Lack of C2 prevents a call going through.

Games started under v1.20 will not work correctly in v1.21. We're likely to have a version check in the future so this can be avoided by preventing older saves from being loaded in newer versions.

Steve

I can't say for positive, but it appears very likely this battle was totally 1.21, i.e., it was fresh and not a continuance from 1.20.

I conclude this because I downloaded and installed the patch on November 11, and the first file I have for this battle (it was PBEM) is November 20.

I can't say for positive, but it appears very likely this battle was totally 1.21, i.e., it was fresh and not a continuance from 1.20.

I conclude this because I downloaded and installed the patch on November 11, and the first file I have for this battle (it was PBEM) is November 20.

I've already raised a bug about this.