Freezing

rich12545

I just had the same thing. Turn 250. 6 AIs and me. 2 AIs destroyed. Start of a turn. I was expecting a city production box to pop up but nothing happened. Game froze. I restarted and loaded the autosave and it started frozen as well. I'm running the 9841 build. If it helps, I'll hold onto the the autosave file for you Brit.

Jonah

sometimes the game does seem to freeze. My own remedy is the Windows key twice to bring up the Start menu and close it. The game always became responsive after that.

Hmm, gotta try that next time. I've used the task manager to kill the process (but that was a build or two ago).

Maybe the freezes are evolving ;)

In that case Brit has developed the AI too far! :D

had two freezes'. both were after 'turn end' key pressed. one said 7% of turn completed, the other said 49%. as was able to stop both games and return to the main screen. reloaded 'saved turn', (i save everyturn), and both completed the turn fine.

Hm. When you say it "froze", do you mean that the turn-processing stopped (the display said "7%" but the game was otherwise responsive - tooltip appeared, etc), or the whole application froze (the application was completely unresponsive). In the past, there were times when the turn-processing would get caught-up in a loop and would get stuck at a processing.