Road Blocks

If you are on a campaign mission, just set up a defensive perimeter at the 'road blocks'. Civilian traffic is abstracted and you will only spot hostile vehicles. If you want to simulate proper ROE, only open fire on civilian looking vehicles at less than a few hundred meters.

A piece of advice on this mission. Keep a mobile reserve and keep your eyes open!

Yes this is stoppig traffic of "civilians" in "cars".

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

L

O

T

S

O

F

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

I didn't expect the Syrians to turn up in T72's! Fortunately however I had put my command Warrior up on hill 882 (where a T72 killed it) and de-bussed the team with their mortar and, more importantly their spotters.

My helicopter had made pretty much mince meat out of the Syrians by the time the Challengers had arrived but I did lose on other Warrior to an IED.

Three dead, Syrians kaput.

Spoilers!!!!

Yeah, me neither! I was half expecting ATGM's though so I kept my Warriors out of sight for the most part. I found that I could use smoke to mask the tanks while shooting up the Jeeps etc with the warriors. The helicopters helped a bit but it was the Challengers that helped the most for me. My biggest surprise I would say was the forces that turned up behind me! Luckily I had posted spotters with mobile reserve by the Cafe which made short work of them. No WIA/KIA

spoilers and stuff...

I did really well the second time round with this. I dismounted all my infantry in the main village complex and kept one vehicle on the left flank just above the the slope and another on the hill in front of me. I kept the third vehicle out of sight.. I hid all my infantry but loaded them up with hand-held AT toys just in case.

When my armour arrived I quickly positioned two of the tanks completely hull-down to the rear of the map, but with good LOS of the hill position. I then positioned a third behind one of the houses in the village, but facing the left flank.

It was an epic slaughter! I set my air assets on area target and left them be. Then my armour did the rest. I took one casualty, a soldier was wounded with what looked to be a stray shot, possibly friendly fire also.. But I completely obliterated the enemy force. My vehicle on the left flank knocked out all the suicide taxis and pickups at distance and killed or wounded all the infantry on that side of the map. My vehicle hiding amongst the village knocked out the enemy forces that appear at the rear of the map, whilst the tanks smashed every tank and pickup and bmp that they threw my way. They weren't even seen! The air assets took care of the rest. One of my best results.

Ha! You got a big laugh out of me! Yes, if we players didn't have that convenient mental block about our first go-around with scenarios none of us could consider ourselves 'armchair Pattons'. I'm worse than most, I tend to stick to my own scenarios... and still get my butt kicked! :D

*** FILMED IN SPOILER-VISION! ***

I did fine on this scenario the first time. (In no small part -- as will become clear -- because I play real-time rather than turn-based.) I split my platoon in two and had each half assume an over-watch position near their respective roadblocks. None of the technicals or uncons got close enough to do any damage. As soon as the T-72s appeared, I ordered the Warriors at the right-hand roadblock to reverse out of sight. I pulled the platoon back to the Baghdad Café (out of LOS of the uncons as well as the Syrian armored formation). When the Challengers arrived, I sent them in the direction of the right-hand roadblock, and they knocked out the Syrian tanks and took out the various BMPs and much of the infantry.

That was quite an interesting mission. When the T72s arrived I hull downed my warrior within LOS in an IED crater after popping smoke, put the infantry sections off the road by about 100 meters in ambush positions after grabbing extra AT-4s from the vic. Hid until air support arrived, then called in the apache to take out the tanks. I was VERY surprised when the tanks showed up (and before I even clicked on them to check I assumed they were T-62s, which would have been manageable, NOPE).