WEGO turn timer TCP-IP for Normandy?

Any chance we will get this feature in Normandy?

Basically, something that works like timed chess. Both players get say... a minute, two minutes, or whatever to play their turns. Even five minutes or more wouldn't be unreasonable for large battles as long as both players are fine with being glued to their computer for four hours :cool:.

WEGO is the way to go for large battles, and having a turn timer could keep these reasonable as well as put a little bit of time constraint on micromanaging (which is probably realistic anyways)

Could make for great fun for tcp-ip play.

yeah i hope battlefront reads that... i was a bit gutted "real time WEGO" was left out of cmsf (by that i mean non pbem wego) as this is how myself and my friend have played the cmx1 games for ages.

They should put this back into normandy as setting up a mini plan and pressing the GO button and watching on the edge of your seat (things can get exciting in our household) as your t34 quickly turns its turret on a panzershreck team taking aim is one of the best things about the origional games. There is something about the fact that youve given your order and now its out of your hands once the GO button has been pressed that makes it interesting. If you lose a unit you can say its because of your poor tactical choice, whereas in realtime you can lose a unit simply because you werent looking at that particular part of the map at that time...

I do so wish that WEGO makes it back for TCPIP in the Normandy game.

I am with Roadiemullet on the pure excitment of making the plan and then seeing if it worked. WEGO was a big selling point for CMBO (as I am sure the Battlefront team will remember given the amount of time and effort they spent plugging it). I realise that many here have said that they now prefer real-time, I just wish I knew how they can cope with a large battle.

As one advances in years the click fest of real-time just becomes too much for enjoyment and on larger battles is impossible. My wargaming partner of many, many years and I spend lots of happy days, and nights (when one of the wives were away), TCPIPing CMBO, CMBB and CMAK . I'd love to have taken him on with CMSF now that we have both rediscovered and fallen in love with it (be honest, the original release was rubbish) but I know that is not to be. I'd hate to think that progress in games means losing what was good; so I add my voice to a plea for WEGO TCPIP gaming in CM Normandy.

Well playing the game online I'm starting to think that even the return of TCP/IP WeGo would be better than the current rolling RealTime option. I was playing "Britain's Joy" that required a careful approach to free hostages and the 30 mins went by with me hopelessly trying to coordinate maneuvers more complex than just pushing the jeeps around. Needelss to say I only managed to fill the battlefield with burning wrecks. Offensive/defensive sceanarios are way favored to the defender especially with PBEM time limits like this. I mean if a lvl 10 Companyof Heroes veteran like me cant handle real time online then something is wrong :)

Game's complexity just doesnt match with no pausing online RT, period.

Well I don't know about a "timer" or if will be ready for Normandy, but if you look here:

1.21 Eta?

You'll see its high on the list of things I'm trying to get included. :)

What are you referring to? Couldn't find anything...

To be honest, even just having TCP-IP wego play AT ALL is probably the #1 thing I want to see in Normandy.

TCP-IP wego play is the best way to play for me.

Any chance of comment Battlefront?

i think befor theres a turn timer there needs to be a way to play TCP/ip wego, preferably with replay sometimes, at all. theres just PBEM wich is not the same.

so befor one wastes time on a timer add a mean to play WEGO in TCPip, missing since the release of SF. what i think...

I do so wish that WEGO makes it back for TC/IP in the Normandy game.

I realise that many here have said that they now prefer real-time, I just wish I knew how they can cope with a large battle?

As one advances in years the click fest of real-time just becomes too much for enjoyment and on larger battles is impossible.

I have no idea. Never been a click fest guy but I tried my damnest from day one.

Just can't find any enjoyment (well OK, a little it is a battlefront game) playing RT. All my wargamers buddies who are quite open to new ideas and jumped at the chance for CMx1 family just gave up with CMSF. Even a "plausible" RT option I could live with.:rolleyes: