Pilots "distracted"; miss landing

An inquiry has begun after a US plane heading from San Diego to Minneapolis missed the airport it was meant to land at by 150 miles (240km).

Contact with the Northwest Airlines plane was lost for an hour as it flew at 37,000ft, sparking hijack fears.

The crew said they had been distracted by a "heated discussion" but officials will check if they had fallen asleep.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8321748.stm

Suppose they were banging the stews?

:D

Michael

I think the outcome of the investigation should be pretty much irrelevant. These guys should never fly again. Either they fell asleep or were sufficiently distract to have been unable to hear comms, both are inexcusable.

Personally, I'm thinking they fell asleep. I just can't believe they'd be that caught up in the argument as to not hear comms attempts and the undoubted bells and whistles.

They were abducted.

Yes, that's quite possible. The plan was probably to substitute look-alike aliens for the real pilots, but a hitch developed and everything was delayed, which gave the whole thing away. Of course, the government will never admit that happened. The aliens will be spirited away to a secret facility where they will be examined and any questions about the real pilots will be quietly hushed up.

It all makes sense now.

Michael

As usual, your all wrong, it was an orgy not with just the stewardesses, but the entire plane of passengers as well.

I know what your thinking, how can so many people keep a secret like that. Well then some aliens joined in on the action, tough for them to resist such a sweaty human orgy like that.

So then the aliens used some form of mind control to keep the secret safe. Last thing the aliens want the world knowing is they like to cruise the globe looking for steamy hot orgies.

So please, next time you post a thread like this, get the facts straight.

Thank you and good night! :D

Tonight's news reported the two pilots have had their licenses pulled by the FAA. Seems they were both wrapped up in their personal PCs and lost situational awareness. In a year, they're eligible to try to get their licenses back, but they were also fired by Delta, which owns Northwest. Seems that using personal PCs in the cockpit's verboten!

Regards,

John Kettler