Swiss Cheese Buildings

c3k

Gents,

In game I had one of my squads shoot THROUGH a building and THROUGH 4 floors to hit an enemy soldier.

Screenie....

Shootthroughbuilding.jpg

My guys were there, at the bottom of the building on the right, looking to the left. The poor guy on the balcony thought he was safe! Fool...

I'm not sure it's correct that my guys could spot the enemy, let alone get some rounds on target.

Thoughts???

Thanks,

Ken

The abstraction for indoors works fine...for me. The ability to shoot through windows and doors is cool. I like having my guys cluster on windows. (Oh, yeah, I HATED learning that having a squad set up by a large picture window merely makes them an RPG target. Many casualties later, I've learned to avoid those windows!)

So, outer building walls affect firepower. Stairs are abstracted. All is good. What is "odd" is firing through 3 intervening floors, 2 walls, and at a soldier lying down on a balcony on the far side of the building...

Ken

Yeah, I can buy military rifle rounds penetrating both "solid" walls of a modern tilt-up building, which are usually not load-bearing elements, but not diagonally upward through the floors, which are poured cement on metal with steel lattice. The only way to hit targets deep in the building and higher up is with AP rounds, frag or ricochet.... should be a hefty TEM bonus, like at least 3 times the value of an exterior wall at the same level.