Prawns killing Blackwater dudes

Kugel

It's hard to know what the intention, besides obvious entertainment, of the film is. Clearly the film makes it so that the audience feels good when the aliens rebel, but as to how significant this is, well, I don't know. I wouldn't expect such a movie from Hollywood. Definitely not Universal Studios, as they are best friends with Vivendi, a company that likes to **** with slums like district 9 or soweto. Although I don't think Vivendi is in that area, as they are mainly in South America, but I digress....

I saw it. When I walked out of the theater I was initially grousing over a few minor plot turns that I found annoying but then I caught myself completely ignoring the fantastic special effects. I also enjoyed the fact that they didn't try and wrap everything up by the end of the movie. Left some bits out there for you to ponder on your way home.

I would give it 8 out of 10....maybe 9 out of 10. And they left the door open for a sequel in a nod to trashy Hollywood films.

A very good movie.

The story was well done - the special effects integrated so well into the real world, you really did not notice them.

Not one actor is a known one in the US - that was refreshing, and possibly the future of movie making - super stars are often over rated and very expensive.

One finds some similarity to BattleStar Galactica - the enemy is within.

One never knew which side to be on - the hero was definitely a pragmatic self serving anti hero. Obviously it present the Apartheid years rather well - replace the aliens with the refuge/slums of the apartheid days and you could have the same movie. It works without any aliens or special effects.