Flaccid Gun....

c3k

Gents,

Whilst greatly enjoying CM:Brits, I've found that my Challenger 2's have a bit of a droop. If the tank fires in such a manner that the gun is depressed (and who wouldn't be depressed if an internet forum is talking about your drooping issue?), it remains depressed...

Example: area firing at close range keeps the gun pointing down. Later, I move the tank elsewhere. Until a new target command is ordered, the gun retains its droop - it keeps the same elevation (in this case, a negative elevation).

Minor, qibbling, etc. However, seeing a tank drive around at high speed with the end of the barrel barely clearing the dirt takes away from the immersion a bit. (As well, there may be some gameplay ramifications in regards to reaction time to new targets. There is a delay while the gun elevates.)

I would think a neutral gun elevation should be adopted if no target is commanded.

This was done with 2 separate Challengers. Savegames available...

Thanks,

Ken

With all this talk of cannons' "attitude", I'm curious why no modelling of how a Challenger's gun angles upward after firing? (Is this the case with the Abrams too? I forget. I know the Leopard 2's gun elevates after firing.)

With all this talk of cannons' "attitude", I'm curious why no modelling of how a Challenger's gun angles upward after firing? (Is this the case with the Abrams too? I forget. I know the Leopard 2's gun elevates after firing.)

Abrams's gun doesnt do that, since it doesnt have an autoloader. Generally it will go back to neutral position, so the loader can load the next round. if the gun stays depressed, its impossible to manually load

I'm curious why no modelling of how a Challenger's gun angles upward after firing?

Add to that list every Syrian tank as well. All the Russian tanks (I think) should auto-elevate after firing to facilitate loading/autoloading. One supposes it's only 'eye-candy', and the guns' are all supposed to automatically return to the original gun lay afterward.

I would've liked to see it in as well. But I guess the auto-elevate had one flaw - it doesn't have a WWII title application. It seems if they're going to take the time to special-code something it had better be trasferrable to WWII.