New file at the Repository: Italian mission for TOW (2009-06-20)

This fictional scenario models an attack of an Italian infantry platoon on a British Artillery position in a 'find and destroy' mission. The platoon is supported by a section of German Armored cars. You have only limited time to accoplish this mission. The mission is the 4th mission of my planned 10 missions Italian campaign. It has been created with the Battle Generator and 'polished' with some triggers Have fun and if You do not already know, learn some Italian!amandus

More...

Thank You Oudy for Your positive response.

A tactical hint: You can use the armored cars as mobile AA-guns as long as they are not on the move.

Historically the 2cm KwK 38 L55 has been derived from the AA-gun FLAK 30 and used in AA-role at least by vehicles with the open topped turret.

Thanks I have set up Firefox instead of IE and it downloaded fine.....Looks good looking forward to playing maybe tomorrow night.....keep up the good work!!!

IE8 should have no problems downloading files from the Repository as such, it's been tested with IE8. There may of course be internet security settings preventing file downloads.

IE8 should have no problems downloading files from the Repository as such, it's been tested with IE8. There may of course be internet security settings preventing file downloads.

@Moon,

Any suggestions as to the IE8 settings that will allow FTP file download?

I've searched Internet Options - Advanced, but I can't find the relevant option.

Set Security to Medium, but to no avail.

This is the error message I get:

The XML page cannot be displayed

Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An invalid character was found in text content. Error processing resource 'ftp://212.40.173.63/4th%20Italian%20mission.378....

@Moon,

Any suggestions as to the IE8 settings that will allow FTP file download?

I've searched Internet Options - Advanced, but I can't find the relevant option.

Set Security to Medium, but to no avail.

This is the error message I get:

Bumpety, bump, bump!

I've successfully downloaded from the repository before, but I just tried for this one and got the following:

The XML page cannot be displayed

Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An invalid character was found in text content. Error processing resource 'ftp://.../5th_Italian_mission.387.zip'.

I can't remember if my successful download was before I installed IE8. It may have been.

I have tested downloads with IE8 from the Repository before and it works. Maybe there is something specific to thatfile, I'll need to check.

BTW, if you want support for the Repository, this is about the worst place to go "helloooo..." to try to get attention. There is a "Report this link" button on the Repository pages which will get you support within 24 hours for just this very reason.

BTW, you guys using IE8... do you have Vista or XP? I am asking because I have observed weird behaviour of IE8 under XP now under certain circumstances which I believe have to do with IE8 bugs which only show under XP.

OK, I tested it and am seeing the same error, but only with those two Italian mission files. Downloads of other files work just fine with IE8. So there must be something specific about those files which makes IE8 crap out.

Now, IE8 is a load of dung if you ask me so I'm not surprised at all. For the moment, please simply use another browser (firefox, opera, safari... it seems all the others have no problems at all).

The button only appears when you are logged in on the left side of the page. It's not immediately popping out, that's for sure.

An internet search on the ie8 download problem reveals that ie8 apparently has a problem with downloading zip files. All I see on the web right now is IE8 supporters deflecting the blame on 3rd party stuff installed on your PC instead of ie8.

Further tests reveal that the problem is specific to those two Italian mission files. Other ZIP files download file with IE8 from the Repository. Whoever uploaded those files: it may be a good idea to try a different ZIP or RAR program and re-compress it.

OK, I tested it and am seeing the same error, but only with those two Italian mission files. Downloads of other files work just fine with IE8. So there must be something specific about those files which makes IE8 crap out.

Now, IE8 is a load of dung if you ask me so I'm not surprised at all. For the moment, please simply use another browser (firefox, opera, safari... it seems all the others have no problems at all).

@Moon,

Apologies for the "Helloooo...", but I was ignorant of the option you proposed - still, ignorance is no defence, so sorry again.

I thought that, since others were experiencing similar issues, this thread would be a good place to share feeback and solutions.

I will try a different browser and report back.

R

Quote:

[Originally Posted by Moon View Post

Now, IE8 is a load of dung if you ask me so I'm not surprised at all. For the moment, please simply use another browser (firefox, opera, safari... it seems all the others have no problems at all).]

I uploaded the two files using firefox, my default internet browser. If You think it would work better if I'd use IE8 instead, I shall happily do so.

Just for Your info: my Operating system: Win XP SP 3

Version 20080414.031514 I created the zip-directory using my default operating system (rightclicking create zip compressed directory) and copied the files into this directory

did I do anything wrong? If so - please give me a hint so that I can improve next time!

Thank You!

No, I don't think you did anything wrong at all! I think that IE8 is a pile of [insert your favorite here] :)

It shouldn't matter at all what you uploaded the file with. What you could do however is try to RAR it instead of ZIPing it. The IE8 bug seems to be specifically related to ZIP files. Although I'm not sure why those two files only are triggering it.