Very annoyed

wade

Well im glad im getting all the help i need. NOT.

I downloaded this f**king game 3 times WITH A 56k Modem. The first 2 times didnt work. The 3rd worked, oh i mean the istallation worked, as for the game nothing. I try to goto the senario screen and the it crashes. Great. If i wanted music i would buy a cd not download a 60 mb file. Hell i dont even like the music in the game. Certainly not gonna recommend this game to friends. OR ANYBODY!

Wade, I attempted to help you as best I could with your download. To be totally honest we cannot be held responsible if your download did not work properly.

As for your crashing problem Ive checked the Technical forum and cant find any post about the problems you are having. If you havnt posted there I recommend that this is the best place you could post to to solve such problems. if you posted here it probably was lost before most people had a chance to read it.

Dan

Wade as I have been trying to help you allow me to say that while I understand your frustration you have to realize that this could be your machine. As literally hundreds if not thousands of others have downloaded it and not experienced any issues.

Name another forum where everyone jumped to aide you, and one of the friggen designers of the game (responsible for most if not all the graphics in the game) took time away to assist you.

Before condemning BTS or BFC you should have someone take a look at your machine and find out why it cannot perform a simple function that literally thousands of other machines are doing. Also I re-installed with no error.

And yes the game is worth all this trouble!

You've posted in three threads bitching about the same thing. Each time you have taken an incredibly hostile approach acting as if BFC is the reason you are having problems.

I notice that you are using an older form of modem (56K), and I noticed you never stated what stats your computer had, what video card, how much memory, what version of Direct X, nothing.

Then you flatly reject other people's advice to use something like GetRight or other download programs that would enable you to resume an interrupted download. You yarbled something about them being "the work of the devil".

This is one of the most helpful and friendly forums out on the net. You, however, have managed to alienate most of those who might want to help you because of your attitude.

Sure, you are probably frustrated with the situation after three bad downloads. However, you haven't gioven enough information for anyone to help you -- instead, you have hurled abuse.

Nice job.

Steve

Wade,

We are more than willing and capable to help you with your problem but all you have done so far in 7 posts is complain and blame without really giving us the oppertunity to assist you.

Tech support issues, and crashing is a TECH SUPPORT issue, need to be posted to the Tech Support forum. I will do you the favor and move this thread there for you.

If you wish to accept our help I am sure we can get you running. We have several years of experience and getting our games to work on all sorts of computers but you need to drop the attitude my friend and let us do our job.

[ September 05, 2002, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]

Wade, even though you have a newer computer that still doesnt mean it is a problem. Drivers, operating systems, faulty memory, etc, all can make a HUGE difference to how a game will run. I spent 6 months trying to get IL-2 running on my computer and the only way I eventually got it to work was to but a new motherboard (motherboard and sound card would crash when used together for those interested).

As the problem you are describing hasnt been mentioned by anyone else thus far, it is either a bug specific to your computer or a problem with you computer. If youd like to post some details to the Tech support forum we can try and work through this if you like. If youd rather not, that is your choice, too.

Dan

Originally posted by wade:

my machine is not a problem i have a ibm netvista x4 petium 4 processor1.8 ghz windows ME with a Ati Radeon 9700 pro graphics card. SO my computer is definetly not a problem. But any way i surrender.

I see several problems here:

1) IBM computer. They might have invented the PC, but they are pretty good at screwing them up.

2) Windows ME. Need I say more?

What video drivers are you running? What version of DirectX? Did you uninstall the old video drivers before installing the Raedon? What about sound?

WWB

If you haven't updated your DirectX then Windows ME has version 7.1 built in. That Radeon 9700 Pro is brand spankin' new, did it come with the computer or is this something you've just installed ? The drivers for that video card will definitely require DirectX 8.1. Which particular drivers are you running for your Radeon ?

Right now I'm seeing the 'scenario screen crash' (where you crash to the desktop while attempting to load the scenario screen) with Voodoo 1, 2 & Banshee video cards, but this is the first that I've heard of it with a Radeon.

OK. I think ill just wait til the full version comes out, and if that doesnt work i guess ill just bitch more then. I gotta say you had some good ideas, but the key fact is here that im not getting anywere. I think we are going to far, especially me, i dont know what i was thinking downloading a 60mb game 3 times. Guess i really want to play. Give me a release date and i wont return to this website till then.

Word of warning: If you are having problems with the Demo now I will guarantee that you will have problems with the full version.

If you purchase the full version and you get frustrated with attempting to get it to work for whatever reason - there is NO REFUND !. If you live in Europe I don't know if any retailers will take back a copy once it has been opened - that's up to store policy and possibly to some minor extent CDV. If you purchase it from BFC direct (via the internet) - there will be no refund that I know of. This is one of the reasons the Demo is made available. If you have problems with it, then there is an almost 100% chance you'll have a problem with the full version (minor problems like bailed crews aside).

We will try to help you get the demo going. If for some reason you lose interest, then I highly suggest that you don't purchase CMBB. I don't think BFC will appreciate me making this statement, but unless your dedication to solving the problem becomes much greater, you're just going to become more frustrated after spending approximately US$60 and find out that it doesn't work to your satisfaction. At that point I'd suspect that you'd just pepper these message boards with your frustration and hate - something no one here cares to endure if it can be avoided.

Now your problem may not be easy to solve. We may ask you to do all sorts of possible things to your computer (within reason) to get CMBB to work. You may not want to do this, but we can only guess and offer suggestions online and this is limited by what you communicate to us and what you're willing to do. We're not trying to be mean or sadistic here and we'll try to offer the most effective advice possible in the Tech Support Forum. We probably won't nail the solution very quickly and this is going to take a lot of effort on your part (you may even find the answer on your own). So the more info and feedback you provide us to our questions, the more we may be able to help you.

[ September 06, 2002, 03:19 AM: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]

The first time I downloaded the demo it refused to install. The second time, the program would start and I'd hear the music, but after that the program would simply terminate and return my PC to the desktop. No sign of it running anywhere. The third time I downloaded it (gotta love broadband) it worked with no troubles.

At no time did I change any of my PC's parameters.

Strangely, a few (3 or 5) times since installing CMBB (which has run flawlessly, if a bit slowly, on my soon-to-be replaced PC), CMBO has refused to start in just this same way if I attempt to start CMBO right after booting my PC. If I start CMBB first, even if I quit right from the menu screen, CMBO starts up w/ no trouble.

Just shows to go ya that anything can happen in the wonderful, wacky world of personal computing.

DjB