The NATO module and a post from Oct 2005

Sequoia

Steve,

Another similarity between the French and Italians would be that they both have rather pitiful war records. The Italians couldn't beat the Ethiopians, Greeks, and simple barbarians, while the French couldn't beat the Algerians, British, Germans, Russians, or hardly anyone for that matter.

also, have you heard about this fancy new French ATGM?

I was definitely impressed.

Now why the hell do we want us swedes in CMSF? we are only visible in the northern part of afghanistan doing peacekeeping only. using Patgb as the heaviest yet, ewen thoe they decided to send down 3 CV90C as reinforcement. the rest is just terrain cars. nothing fun to do a scenario from if you ask me.

On the other hand, if a the whole mech inf battalion with 122B and CV90B was modelled I would buy that module :P

I can't say I have much enthusiasm for playing Canadians, Dutch, Italians etc, it's all a bit the same gamewise as playing as the US or Britain. The war against Syria would be over by the time these countries got involved, unless you just want to have them in Blue vs Uncon scenarios in a post war stability type role which apparently was never the intention for CMSF.

Rather than everyone ganging up on Syria, I'd prefer to see an Iranian module or possibly since we're in hypothetical territory already a Russian intevention.

The French have some very spiffy vehicles in their inventory, like the AMX 10 RC tank destroyer:

amx_10_rc_l5.jpg

Not too different from MGS, except that it is lighter, amphibious and carries more ammo.

My favourite though is AML-90:

AML90-2.jpg

It looks like someone put a Puma turret on a Daimler chassis. Those were the funnest vehicle in Steel Panthers 2!