Battle for the Pacific AAR

That may very well be true, but in the meantime the Allies will have to deal with the whirlwind!

IJA invasion forces land in western India outside Madras, attacking an air unit stationed there. India has quite a few units now! They must have gotten some Home Guard units due to my impending invasion? It's Jan 1942 and I see two armor divisions, and at least 5 Army/Corp units. But, they are spread out, now split between two fronts. It will be interesting to see how this battle shapes up!

We are blasting the Communists into submission and should have Mao's resignation letter soon once Japanese troops are marching through the capital.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timskorn is running out of time, and his rushed strategy reflects this. It's going to come down to whether or not I can get a major victory in the next six months, or will Japan be able to keep on going.

Timskorn I appreciate your bravery for what you're doing right now, but there is simply too little time to achieve the aim that you're setting out for, however I would like to wish you the best of luck as if you can somehow achieve this then so can I in my games as Japan. It's definitely going to be a good learning experience for the both of us :).

I would not worry about whether or not you get a major victory in 6 months, but whether India will be in Japanese hands by then! The British fighter at Madras is overrun and the city/port is taken by the SNLF. Now that I'm actually IN India, it looks so much...bigger. In the east Japanese forces make their way up the coast, capturing the coastal city on the border with India. We see units being pulled back from the Burma front to confront the invasion in the west. We'll see if Japan can keep up the heat.

More fighting in China, no destroyed units this turn. Paratroopers capture Brunei.

I'm not really worried about India all that much Tim, I'm playing with a special type of strategy which really doesn't involve BI at all, although I'm definitely not saying I won't put up a fight for her.

Sarawak, Brunei, and Dutch East Indies, owe a great thanks to Malaya and her defense as she was able to hold out into mid 42' and from there these small countries with a lot of resources fell a year or so afterwards.

Fighting in India continues. Japanese destroy an infantry division at Bangalore, but British reinforcements have pushed on to Madras. IJA emerge from the jungles of Burma and almost finish off an infantry division.

No new news to report in China. Fighting, but no units destroyed.

It doesn't seem like it at first but it's a daunting task. You really need to commit a lot of resources there, but without US support the Brits are definitely at a disadvantage. The big question is, will it be worth it? And of course the ever present question about when and where the US will strike and begin tearing apart the Empire I am so carefully creating.

The US has decided to give some support to India, but if things go bad they will be evacuated immediately without question. The US is also almost ready to launch her island campaign but things must be perfected first, and that takes time.

Nothing much to report on this turn, just the usual bombardment of a port where a transport is determined to land on, some more bombing raids, etc. Something worthwhile to report on is that Japan has decided to change her Carriers attack policy, I suppose Japan is afraid of being near the coast now, which is great for me, because that limits the aircraft assaults on my crucial units that are on the coast. Thank god for a second I almost thought I was going to lose India, but because of my opponents passive play style I can assure all that India will never fall!

That Transport is amazing at evading death, I've sent so many air raids along with land forces to destroy it yet it survives at strength of 1 through all of my efforts, unbelievable. I think someone has to do some work on this, because it's unreasonable that a transport can escape everything that I've thrown at it. All my attacks weren't concentrated on it when it was in a port, but at strength of 3 it should die on the ground when there is something like 4 bombing raids, 1 TAC raid, and 2 fighter raids. Other then that I hope Tim has been taking some screenshots, because to be honest I've forgotten to do that.

I have been taking screenies and will post them later. Primarily just showing my troop/naval positions in India and China, as that's where the core of the fighting has taken place.

Rain is drenching India, keeping our air grounded. Probably benefits me more at this point as he has a lot of US air helping what's left of the British forces. IJA still focused around the Tata Steelworks as they are fighting across the river to dislodge the British from the city next to it. At the invasion beachhead we are finally moving north after destroying another division and putting the Indian Armor group on the run.

In China Sian is captured and another division destroyed as the Chinese slowly move west behind a riverline and in better defensive positions. In Southern China a new offensive is starting, and we're shifting some extra forces around to a place "to be determined" in order to keep China on their heels.

I'm actually going on vacation tomorrow (Wed.) and won't be back until the following week, so Scott will probably be the last entry before I get back and return to the war. :)

Japanese destroyer is sunk to the bottom of the Ocean. Other then that the British are retreating all across India, but new support has arrived in the form of the 8th Army. Nothing to report on in China as I'm going to be playing a defensive battle there for as long as I can, I think I can holdout well into 44' as that's the real strength I have when I'm playing as the Allies is the ability to buy the US time in the China theater.

Tim, you have to realize that I already have a pretty good idea on where you're new offensive is going. Hope you have a good vacation!

Most of the screenshots from the early years are going to come from Tim, because I forgot in my rush to prepare allied defenses to take screenshots. However now that the war is progressing I can promise that I will begin to take some, and hopefully put them up soon.

It is late August, 1943. Japanese forces, after capturing Communist China and Sian, are moving south towards the Chinese capital. In the south a separate, smaller offensive is taking place. Chinese warlords are coming out of the woodwork!

In India Calcutta finally falls after concentrated air and land assaults. It's a tough cookie to break, apparently surrounded by rivers and hampering land attacks from every direction. The invasion force in Western India is moving north and applying pressure to garrison forces that are delaying our advance. I've lost a Destroyer and a Cruiser in the Indian Ocean during scouting manuevers.

However, this past turn our scouting paid off and a DD and a sub engage a Marine transport heading for India. Unfortunately it isn't sunk though and is at 1 strength. As the Brits hold the little coastal island to the south of India, I'm figuring now this is where he plans to ship US reinforcements.

Tim let’s be realistic, take a look at where the US is on the map then look for India. If you do this it would become apparent to you of why I've only set AF and a few ships over to India's defenses, it's just not practical to move the US forces from San Francisco to some remote British Indian island.