Battle for the Pacific AAR

If you pity my position, I loathe it! :) Even with naval warfare 2 and no Allied air interception, my full strength carriers couldn't even sink a DD in two strikes. In fact one took 3 strikes and still didn't sink. I've pulled them back again though to try and keep them out of striking distance of you carriers, at least. But the IJN days are all but over.

In China we pull back our forces. There will be enough left behind so that the main capital isn't retaken anytime soon, and partisans will have their day now but our brave soldiers are being recalled to Japan to defend their wives, children and what is left of their honor.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scottsmm he has no hope.The only chance he has now is if the weather grims out when you attack Japan.You sound like you did the samething I did.Build ALL your Ami.ships plus planes,tech them out and blow him to bits.Wait untill you start dropping atomic bombs.

I found it kind of funny that the computer actually asks if you want to use the atomic bomb.My response is BRUTE FORCE and BLOODY IGNORANCE.

Experienced Japanese troops are indeed being shipped into Japan proper. The IJN falls back again and hits/sinks what ships it can, which are only a couple. Fighters and bombers concentrate on a carrier but probably barely scratched it. Will be January 1945 soon.

Manila holds on at a strength of 1 throughout many air/naval assaults, this of course denied an attempt to gain an edge over my opponent and I can definitely say that I hear that clock ticking. Meanwhile I beginning to contemplate whether or not I should try to blockade Japan, as I believe most if not all of my opponents reinforcements have gotten through.

In other fronts progress is being made in China, while a new offensive is in the works (likely will start in 3-4 turns).

btw Tim because your current situation is hopeless and it won't get any better I will accept an "honorable surrender", this will likely save the lives of many millions of people. If you however don't accept the surrender or respond to it with something like "nuts" then I will have no choice but to obliterate the entire Japanese population following the inevitable totally Allied victory.

You are both correct, the invasion of the southern Island of Japan was Operation Olympic, and the invasion of the main island, near Tokyo, was Operation Coronet. My Dad was slated for the invasion also, which is why I guess you could say I'm a product of the Atomic Bomb, since it's doubtful he would have survived, he didn't expect too that's for sure.

The last of the IJN sallies out and damages a few ships and manages to sink their first US carrier. Whatever we can do to slow them down, but the next turn will see the complete destruction of our fleet. Meanwhile home guard units are being assembled in Japan and more Kamikazi squadrons are being deployed.

We will never surrender.

The IJN has been dealt a crippling if not mortal blow this turn, and meanwhile the IJAF has also been crippled, as my eyes light up when I look at the defense of the Japanese mainland :). I can also happily report that a new chain of offensives has gotten off on the right foot.

Allies invade Japan, while US carriers pave the way for their advances. I would estimate that Honshu will be in Allied hands by early August of 45', and from there the Soviets need to get their acts together and aide the Allies by taking Seoul.

End of April. Hiroshima has become a major target for our Carriers, they destroyed 1 SNLF this turn and they plan on destroying any other forces that enter the cities. Meanwhile China is mostly liberated, Communist China is liberated, and the spot that you need for the use of the A-Bombs has been taken by US forces. I've also made the decision on what I will do with the vets from Europe which will soon be under my command.

when was it russia declared war on japan? july? i know it was only weeks before the surrender.

as the war both reaches a climax and comes to a close, i'd like to thank both of you for sharing this exciting aar with us! it's been a great battle, i hate to see it end!

August 9th I believe, there operation was extremely successful and is second only to operation Bagration which was launched on an extremely historical Russian day.

Thanks, although "the fat lady hasn't sung yet", but with any luck she will be singing right around the historical surrender of Japan. I'm also holding myself accountable to kill every last Japanese soldier that I possibly can, as I stated before Japan created the wind and now she is going to reap the whirlwind.