Pop Smoke

cabal23

Maybe I am crazy, but is there a way to actually dictate what direction you want infantry to pop smoke other than stop, face direction you want to throw, hope the computer doesn't pick some silly angle to throw the smoke, wait, have smoke thrown too far to the left, readjust, face new direction, pop smoke, wait one minute, observe still being thrown at a funny angle, etc. This is what my WEGO games look like.

Does anyone else have this happen in their games? A way to actually have a scalable pointer, like the target selection and allow the user to throw the smoke at whatever angle they wish. It always happens when I need to cross a road and the smoke does not want to land in the middle of the road no matter how much I reposition. Any possibility of this in future versions of the game?

cabal23,

You point out one of the remaining shortcomings of the user interface. I have argued for placeable smoke grenades a dozen of times during my (active) beta tester days.

I am sure it will come in some future patch, assuming that we get at least four more patches (one with and one after each module).

Until then, there is only one recipe: patience, patience, patience. Oh, and it does not hurt to repeat the request periodically ;)

Best regards,

Thomm

I am preparing a bunch of new British Forces screenshots, at least one of them is showing a new GUI button called "Target Smoke" for infantry. I wonder what it does? ;)

It calls in a team of worms who attack the designated point with bazookas?

Yay!

That's one of those annoyances that isn't game breaking, but I find at least once a game I can't get smoke where I want it and it is very frustrating.

I am preparing a bunch of new British Forces screenshots, at least one of them is showing a new GUI button called "Target Smoke" for infantry. I wonder what it does? ;)

Oh, heaven!! ":)"

Does it also come with a 'Push/Tow Damaged Vehicle Out of the Damned Way' button?

Actually, no button needed. Just the ability, as per CMx1, to clear wrecked vehicles.