Pacific World Campaign

There you go... script is there. It is virtually impossible that that could happen since Japan enters the war in late 41 - they simply can't possibly lose that fast. Then to have different victories for each theatre, which would be cool, becomes too convoluted. I think this script does not have any holes in it but I am not certain.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Back from Holiday, ohhh, while I'm at it, I've got to tell you guys about the Pacific WW2 Museum in Fredricksburg Texas. This place is awesome, weapons, uniforms and of course commentary, it sits astride the Nimitz Museum also. As far as i know this is the only one in the World.

They have a B-25 Mitchell mockup from the Shangri-La strike, one of the only surviving PT boats, LCIs, an M3 Stuart...all these are working models. While I was there, they just happen to stage a simulated amphibious landing all with the original weapons firng blanks. Haa! They even passed out earplugs to everyone. You should have seen the bunker assault with 50 cal machine guns, flame thrower, and satchel charge, I'm talking fully automatic weapons here and Wow! A fricken flame thrower!

If you ever get a chance you've got to see this. Seven bucks for the Museum and $5 for the live fire simulation, what a deal.

Now back to the game. The French finally surrendered on the fall of Paris(late August 40), but happycat took out a corps that was on point and then I was presented with the decision to allow Vichy. Screw Vichy! No Vichy here! I kind of knew there would be Free French creations all over the Med and in their colonies.

Then later I was asked, at the consequence of USA activation percentage escalation, if the Japanese wanted to occupy French IndoChina, well, you know, I need those resources.

Now in September 40, it is decision time, Sealion, or not? I always prepare for Sealion from the beginning with the intention of invading and then I get squeamish, it's such as defining moment and so early, I'm hesitant although my forces are ready. Then I get notification of British homeland defense forces forming....to go ...or not to go?

To the south lies Spain..I have plans for Spain. The Italians are headed that way with a little bump in IW, Germans too! All the Panzer Groups are in the build Q and i'm maxing investments in HT. The Axis have decided on a very powerful land force.

An epic struggle has unfolded in the British countryside as the Canadians come to the aid of their motherland in the waning days of 1940. A tough bunch of Canadians has so far succeeded to restrict the growth of the German bridgehead in southeastern England while a huge naval and air battle is waged in and over the English Channel.

Early December saw the first RN interceptions of the ongoing transfer of resources from the continent to the Bristish Isles as the Dido cruiser squadron leads a suicidal sorti against the port of Antwerp. First reports indicate transports loading flak units for Bock's Army Group "B" were severely damaged in the escapade which cost the RN unit most of its combat vessels. Bock's group, which has been under constant air and naval bombardment on the UK mainland, is sorely in need of air cover and anti-air forces as the right flank, held by the German 14th Army, has been badly attrited because of the Luftwaffe's inability to cover their operations.

In another RN gambit the HMS Hood, supported by Destroyer Flotilla 1 and a cruiser group headed by the HMS Norfolk ran a clearing operation in the Channel and stumbled into 2 Wolpacks of German Uboats. Sketchy eyewitnesses observed the HMS Hood was down by the stern and listing badly as the Air groups of Italy and Hungary sought to help their Axis brethren which were under tremendous pressure by British destroyers.

Elsewhere rumors of an Italian Army group and yet another Nazi Army led by none other than that vaunted conqueror of France, Field Marshall von Rundstedt, are conducting joint wargames near the Pyrenee Mountains on Spain's northern border with Nazi occupied France.

The German Foreign Ministry says there is nothing to be alarmed about as Spain's sovereignty is so far guaranteed by the Axis Tripartite.

Damn it Scott, you'd just as soon as me give everything away!

Ouch! OK .. ok... stop twisting my arm,,, I'll fess up.

USSR is at 18%. Funny thing about their readiness, back in October 40, the 25th to be specific they were at 25%, then all of a sudden next turn they went to 18, not sure why...Nupremal?

The Amis are at 34% and the Japs....well...I already told you they have decided on a strategy, and its not the normal stuff.

2 possible reasons:

1) Diplomacy by your enemy

2) You moved some forces away from Pearl Harbor or Philippines

PS I have a better version out - there are still some issues with the older ones. I have to figure out how to post it. Rambo and I are playing a bunch of games testing it and have a new set now.

I also changed victory - was too easy to win the one I posted here. New one is better. Game ends 1/1/46 so it isnt too long either. Essentially it boils down to:

1) Allied Major = all axis surrenders before that date

2) Allied Minor = Allies have all their major capitals and at least one of the Axis - i.e. it is slow but they will eventually win (negotiated surrender)

3) Axis Minor = They survived with all of their capitals intact

4) Axis Major = above + they have some other significant gains in territory like Paris, Warsaw, and some other capital like Cairo (control ME), Moscow, Chungking, Delhi, Canberra, or Honolulu

"ACHTUNG"! "yes...yes...heil Hitler, ..at ease gentlemen." Field Marshall Wilhelm Keitel presides at the OKW meeting.

"Well von Schneider, the Fuhrer wishes an update on the fiasco occurring on the English Island"? You told us that after the demise of the British Expeditionary Force in France that the UK would be relatively undefended?"

"Sorry about that heer Commandant, but it seems the British Home Guard along with the Canadian contingent has presented us with several set backs."

"I'd say with serious set backs, von Schneider, especially with the loss of the 14th Army. And now Il Duce is wanting us to join him in attacking Spain as Franco has snubbed our efforts at joining the alliance. That is not the end of it as Yugoslavia has made their choice to join the Allied cause. Have you prepared for these unfolding escapades, von Schneider?"

"Not exactly sir, but I'm sure I will come up with some stop gap measures, my staff is preparing for action on all fronts and we will soon have a detailed report. Can the Fuhrer provide any "bail out" armed forces?"

"The only "bail out" you can count on von Schneider is an empty pail you'll be provided when we set you adrift on the English Channel in a leaky rowboat without a paddle. You'd better come up with something quick! Dismissed"

Can someone explain to me how I can upload anything to the repository as it does not seem to be clear to me. I see no "upload" section at all.

Meanwhile I have uploaded (to CMMODS) version 1.0 of the campaign - no longer considered Beta this one should work very well to the end of the game. No AI play, however - this is designed for human vs. human only

I wanted to mention that just after my meeting with OKW, outside where we were discussing strategy and smoking cigars from Cuba, Wilhelm came up to me and asked if I'd like to go grouse hunting the next day. Obviously he wanted to discuss the day's events in a more relaxing atmosphere, so of course I jumped at the chance.

Next day after a very productive hunt and sharing some schnapps, Wilhelm confided that he admired my audacity of command and the almost reckless nature of my strategies. And then the bombshell, he gave me Rundstedt's Army Group A to attack Spain and told me to be in contact with Italy's General Cavallero to coordinate the assault.

Needless to say I was dumbfounded and seeing an opening for additional compromises I told him of a secret operation I had prepared, to attack the southwest coast of England and capture the port of Plymouth. I discussed the ruse and the diversion's possibility of splitting the British forces, capturing them in a pocket and at the same time occupy London.

As the monocle dropped from his eye, his eyebrows raised, he exclaimed "I know nothing......nothing". And with a wink he departed.

The night of April 11, 1941 saw a full moon as two columns knifed their way through the Pyrenees in an effort to subdue the Spanish people under Axis rule. Spearheading the northern group were Rundstedt's 3rd and 5th Panzer Korps, crossing the Ebro as they brush aside futile Spanish resistance while the 7th Army secures the right flank by taking Bilbao.

Further to the south the Italian effort is led by Cavallero's 1st Italian Army supported by the tanks of Ariete Armored Division as they swing across the narrow mountain paths and capture Barcelona.

The Spanish campaign goes well as armored spearheads fan out crushing all resistance and making raids into rear areas of the the enemy armed forces capturing their ground force commander General Saliquet.

Meanwhile on the British Isles a special force led by the Brandenburgers silently slip into Plymouth and capture the harbor in conjunction with an Airborne Assault by the 1st Fallschirmjagers on the city. Subsequent embarking troops from waiting transports penetrate all the way to Bristol as von Bock's forces tie down valuable British assets in the eastern ramparts of London. Finally, although mounting a valiant defense, the Devil's Brigade finally succumbs to the 2nd Panzer's assault and London falls.

Seeing the "writing on the wall", Bulgaria joins the Axis endeavors as Japan and USSR sign a joint neutrality pact. Even the Irish, noting the opportunity to liberate themselves from British subjugation, join the Axis in hopes of recovering Northern Ireland.

I've been engaged in meetings with Albert, that's Mr. Speers to you all, in hopes of gaining his support in the creation of a brand new army group, the commander of which has not been appointed.

Our Japanese friends in Asia have been pursuing peaceful talks and trade with China in hopes that all arenas of misunderstandings can be overcome. After all these peaceful intentions in the Pacific the USA rewards us with an unusual hike in belligerency, those arrogant Americans need to examine their motives with a bit of moral clarity.

Sounds like you guys are having fun! Glad to see it. I am on two games almost to 1944 now with Rambo. Results are mixed. We both waited until 42 to hit Russia and I think it was a mistake - gives them too much time for tech.

Well Scott, not exactly. The situation is not as bad as it was before because of the "Special Ops", but still very much in doubt.

Nupremal, I have no intention of attacking USSR, on the contrary, I have invested 800mpps/4 chits in keeping USSR out of this conflict. I only want to engage the Western Democracies.

Alright SeaMonkey, I suppose you want to experiment with the idea of Germany having a one front war, not a bad idea. The only problem is the US could go for Japan much quicker, and if the US takes Tokyo by mid 44’, then there are going to be some major problems you will have to confront later on in the war.

And this is the writing that was inscribed: MENE, MENE, TEKEL, and PARSIN. This is the interpretation of the matter: MENE, God has numbered the days of your kingdom and brought it to an end; TEKEL, you have been weighed on the scales and found wanting; PERES, your kingdom is divided and given to the Medes and Persians.