Pacific World Campaign

Thanks Scott..I feel much better now....I do get a little carried away at times, close to becoming unhinged...but I've got my meds now.:)

You know this happens everytime....I play the Nazis.:mad:

Well let that be a lesson to your attentiveness to detail Scott, the fact that I only found one mistake.....err...the other about the Zuikaku being in the build Q and not with the Kido Butai.

Did I fail to mention that?:P

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SeaMonkey,

Yes, when you play the Nazis a lot of people go on a physiological field day, were there mind is a drift.

About Midway though I think I fixed that, or at least I know it was fixed on my computer. The reason why I wanted it in the build Q though was to prevent Japan from losing all of her carriers in about 6 months until the Tahio and Amagi light carriers came off the production line.

Mein Fuehrer, it grieves to report that there is much resistance in Poland and alas Warsaw fights on. We have recently reorganized Runstedt's AGS to include all 3 PanzerKorps and they will soon reduce the Polish capital to rubble.

I can report that the 8th Army has taken Lodz after a furious assault by the 1st Panzers. Krakow has also fallen as the VII Corps cut off all retreat of the Polish defenders, thousands are now prisoners. We have embarked the Slovak AT south on recon missions to the Vistula and no contact from the enemy was reported.

In the same period Von Bock's AGN accepted the surrender of the Poles in Danzig and the Corridor is as it should have always been, a part of the Fatherland. I have also met with Speer and have agreed upon a pattern of production for our Fall Gelb plan's execution slated for early Spring.

And what of the Japanese Mein Fuehrer?

"Sorry to report......only silence, although our naval attache' has reported top secret research is going on in various arenas." This is of course only rumors, Herr Schneider.

"Well very good Schneider....considering"....I assure you that I did not antipate the quick collapse of the Poles as you did, and it is consoling that casualties have been light. Il Duce has informed me that he has directed his navy to recon the Eastern Med in anticipation of our future actions, although we still believe the Allied governments will concede our Polish position even though Canada has joined their declaration."

"Now back to the front with you, the Aryan Nation has every confidence in your abilities".

"Jawohl........."(click heels...Nazi salute)

And now for the truth from Poland: Warsaw fights bravely on, and the Polish HQ, Air Force and supporting elements are still largely intact. True, we have lost most of our cities, but after all, Warsaw is the capital, politically, culturally, every which way, really.

Meanwhile, the French are doing their part by staring intently at the Germans from behind their fortifications.

An interesting 'what if" decision script awaited me at the final surrender of the Poles.

The question was whether the Germans would like to honor the Ribbentrop/Molotov pact of nonaggression and accept the partition of Poland or since my Panzers were located in the East, continue on?

Well, I decided to play it historical and not violate the treaty, but now I've been thinking about it. Obviously I believe it would have meant immediate hostilities with the USSR, which is interesting.

So to continue this parody of WW2, I'll ask the forum, and depending on whether Happycat will allow me to do the turn over, should I go East?

This is it forum...your one chance to play God, and change the events, rewrite history. So is it East or West?

An interesting 'what if" decision script awaited me at the final surrender of the Poles.

The question was whether the Germans would like to honor the Ribbentrop/Molotov pact of nonaggression and accept the partition of Poland or since my Panzers were located in the East, continue on?

Well, I decided to play it historical and not violate the treaty, but now I've been thinking about it. Obviously I believe it would have meant immediate hostilities with the USSR, which is interesting.

So to continue this parody of WW2, I'll ask the forum, and depending on whether Happycat will allow me to do the turn over, should I go East?

This is it forum...your one chance to play God, and change the events, rewrite history. So is it East or West?

Go east. I'll look after things in the west for you smiley-violent007.gif

Its fortunate that Scott isn't running the show! I'm sure we'll be addressing the eastern question a bit later on, the UK and France have to be dealt with first....something...about a dream I had involving a two front war.

Nov. 24, 1939 Berlin: Reichstag ministers are meeting to consider diplomatic overtures and planning for Fall Gelb continues. Much Polish equipment has been arriving in Wehrmacht shops for conversions to more useful weaponry and factories across the Reich are now running two 8 hour shifts to produce the necessary war materials.

Italy continues with a slow build up of its military as recon elements fan across the eastern med.

In Tokyo the Emperor has convened meetings of the top army and navy advisors on how to best spread Japan's influence creating the East Asian Territorial CoProsperity Sphere, EAT CoPS.:P

Throughout the winter months of 39-40 many preparations continued amidst the all quiet on the western front.

The Luftwaffe engaged in recon missions and pulled off a surprise raid of Gamelin's HQ in the vicinity of Verdun. Damage reports conceded serious disruption to the French forward communications. Der Fuhrer announced a secret operation to annex Denmark that turned into a mini-invasion all brought about by clandestine forces, that Fuhrer, what a jokester, not including the High Command.

Throughout the winter, diplomatic maneuvering has just about brought the Italians into the effort, they were preparing for an invasion through the Alps on last reports.

Deep in the Emperor's palace a final strategy for persecution of the Co-territorial Sphere has been forged and orders given to manufacturing facilities for the needed war machines. I have to say there was a heated debate between the Imperial Army and Navy, but finally they have concluded the designs.

Back in Europe, storm clouds have gathered causing an unplanned delay in the launching the assault on France.

The delay will not last long, it is April 1940.

!!NEWS FLASH!! Dispatches from Nazi Germany claim the surrender of Belgium, The Netherlands and Luxembourg in one coordinated attack under Feld Marshal Gerd von Rundstedt.

Information Minister Joseph Goebbels released documents today, May 10, 1941 that armored spearheads have occupied Brussels, capital of Belgium, and the government has been forced to capitulate. In a side note Goebbels also revealed the invasion of Luxembourg and The Netherlands by Army Groups B and G flanking the main effort of Army Group A.

"As these countries and citizens are of Aryan decent, the peoples of the Reich gladly incorporate them into the greater German Empire of the European continent."

Goebbels added.

..and continued.."Now the invincible armies of the Reich are poised to lead the French into captivity for their foolish provocations of the Versailles Treaty, justice is near!"

Reports continue to trickle in of giant armored leviathans roaming the countryside on the Belgian - French border, but with no substantiation from UK or French news services these reports must be considered rumors, currently.

For those of you that haven't tried Nupremal's campaign, I have to say I believe the Fall Gelb setup is very interesting for both opponents. Maybe though, just maybe, I should have practiced my Fall Gelb techniques as I am surely out of my element, what with the Pacific theater focus.

Nupremal has abundant units at the Allied disposal, some are at tech levels greater than the Germans have and they have some training. I must say the Allied airforces are more than formidable and have effectively neutralized the Luftwaffe. Its been a tough go, and Happycat has thrust out with effective counterattacks, lots of fun here.

The Italians are in, but again the terrain of the Alps make for difficult going. I hope this situation doesn't degrade into a WW1 condition. I like this part of Nupremal's campaign, its not a walk over like most of the French 1940 scenarios, the Allies can generate a very effective defense and the summer is waning.

Something to notice about Nupremal's mod is that the entrenchment values are +2 then original values in any other SC game. I'm not complaining at all, as I think it's interesting, and judging by your posts SeaMonkey I think you might have found this out the hard way. It definitely gives a good tactician the chance to make France a kill zone if he choices to do that. Out of curiosity is there any British presence in France?

Seems to be scott, although I can't really make out the unit designations I would say there is definitely a British fighter group and the Expeditionary Army located just behind Lille. More than likely they are HQ supported from the AEF supply base I just can't see it.

Presently, July 5, 1940, I have called all my commanders in, Leeb, Bock, and Rundstedt and tentatively have activated Eric von Manstein for commitment to the fight. There has been little progress with 30th Corps on the point just sticking its nose out from the Ardennes Forest and crossing the Meuse. A very exposed position, that nose might get cut off.

The 2nd Fallschirmjagers in coordination with 2nd and 3rd Panzer Groups have forced their way through the Maginot Line in a brilliant tactical maneuver and the 1st Panzers captured Metz. Almost as soon as Metz fell 1st Panzer got its nose bloodied by the French 9th Army dug into the mining operations just south of the city.

This French 9th Army is a very tough organization so Rundstedt directed further frontal attacks suspended and a flanking movement was ordered, during which the 21st and 15th French Corps were brushed aside.

In the countryside between Brussels and Lille the French 19th Corps and the DCR Armored group began a furious counterattack on the German 10th Army almost routing it with high losses. Although 2nd and 3rd Panzer were being shuffled south for the Maginot assault, emergency elements had to be dettached to deal with the French attack causing an additional delay in operations.

The poor Italians are completely held up in the Alps by the French 14th Corps occupying Lyons, although Ariete armor has subdued Marseilles and was able to sink a few warships in the harbor, one identified as the heavy cruiser Foch.

The Pacific finds the IJN still showing the colors throughout the island archipelagos in a symbol of peace and prosperity to all.

Note - I changed the entrenchment values in the new version and reduced them to the standard.

I also made some more fixes. I will have a new update soon that should be very close to being completely working. Balance seems almost Ok as well.

I don't know Nupremal, I kind of like as it was. I believe the Battle of France is a challenge for the Germans and Italians even though I may leave a lot to be desired as the commander for this initiation.

With hindsight and a willingness to take casualties I'm sure another Axis player may find it just about right.

How about it Happycat, leave it alone or?

yes there are now victory scripts! I like how I set them up, I think. You of course win by taking the axis totally as the allies - in 44 is Major, 45 is Moderate, and 46 is Minor. Game ends by 1/1/47. Axis can win by either defeating Russia - take Moscow and Kubychev or Novosibirsk - have to hold in 43 + or defeat UK = London, plus I can't recall I think you also need Delhi and/or Cairo. Hardest is probably USA, which is holding Hawaii and defeating Australia.

{

#NAME= Loss due to DoW on Neutral [Axis]

#POPUP= The Game is Forfeit due to an illegal DoW on the Nation "Neutral"

#IMAGE=

#SOUND=

#FLAG= 1

#TYPE= 2

#AI= 0

#LEVEL= 0

#GV= 1[1,100]

#LINK= 0[0]

#TRIGGER= 100

#ALIGNMENT= 1

#DATE= 1939/09/01

#MAP_POSITION= 99,25

}

{

#NAME= Loss due to DoW on Neutral [Allied]

#POPUP= The Game is Forfeit due to an illegal DoW on the Nation "Neutral"

#IMAGE=

#SOUND=

#FLAG= 1

#TYPE= 2

#AI= 0

#LEVEL= 0

#GV= 1[1,100]

#LINK= 0[0]

#TRIGGER= 100

#ALIGNMENT= 2

#DATE= 1939/09/01

#MAP_POSITION= 99,25

}

{

#NAME= Axis Minor Victory

#POPUP= Axis Minor Victory - Allies sue for Peace

#IMAGE=

#SOUND=

#FLAG= 1

#TYPE= 2

#AI= 0

#LEVEL= 0

#GV= 1[1,100]

#LINK= 0[0]

#TRIGGER= 100

#ALIGNMENT= 1

#DATE= 1947/01/01

;Berlin

#MAP_POSITION= 108,18

;Rome

#MAP_POSITION= 109,32

;Tokyo

#MAP_POSITION= 134,75

}

{

#NAME= Draw

#POPUP= Draw - Remaining Axis Powers sue for Peace

#IMAGE=

#SOUND=

#FLAG= 1

#TYPE= 2

#AI= 0

#LEVEL= 0

#GV= 1[1,100]

#LINK= 0[0]

#TRIGGER= 100

#ALIGNMENT= 2

#DATE= 1947/01/01

;Washington DC

#MAP_POSITION= 26,8

;London

#MAP_POSITION= 85,19

;Moscow

#MAP_POSITION= 146,13

}

{

#NAME= German Minor Victory

#POPUP= Germany Minor Victory - Allies sue for Peace with Germany

#IMAGE=

#SOUND=

#FLAG= 1

#TYPE= 2

#AI= 0

#LEVEL= 0

#GV= 1[1,100]

#LINK= 0[0]

#TRIGGER= 100

#ALIGNMENT= 1

#DATE= 1947/01/01

;Berlin

#MAP_POSITION= 108,18

}

{

#NAME= Allied Minor Victory

#POPUP= Allied Minor Victory

#IMAGE=

#SOUND=

#FLAG= 1

#TYPE= 2

#AI= 0

#LEVEL= 0

#GV= 1[1,100]

#LINK= 0[0]

#TRIGGER= 100

#ALIGNMENT= 2

#DATE= 1946/01/01

;Berlin

#MAP_POSITION= 108,18

;Rome

#MAP_POSITION= 109,32

;Tokyo

#MAP_POSITION= 134,75

}

{

#NAME= Allied Victory

#POPUP= Allied Victory

#IMAGE=

#SOUND=

#FLAG= 1

#TYPE= 2

#AI= 0

#LEVEL= 0

#GV= 1[1,100]

#LINK= 0[0]

#TRIGGER= 100

#ALIGNMENT= 2

#DATE= 1945/01/01

;Berlin

#MAP_POSITION= 108,18

;Rome

#MAP_POSITION= 109,32

;Tokyo

#MAP_POSITION= 134,75

}

{

#NAME= Axis Victory - USSR (Kuybychev)

#POPUP= Axis Victory - USSR collapses, remaining allies sue for Peace

#IMAGE=

#SOUND=

#FLAG= 1

#TYPE= 2

#AI= 0

#LEVEL= 0

#GV= 1[1,100]

#LINK= 0[0]

#TRIGGER= 100

#ALIGNMENT= 1

#DATE= 1944/01/01

;Berlin

#MAP_POSITION= 108,18

;Rome

#MAP_POSITION= 109,32

;Tokyo

#MAP_POSITION= 134,75

;Moscow

#MAP_POSITION= 146,13

;Kuybychev

#MAP_POSITION= 168,17

}

{

#NAME= Axis Victory - USSR (Novosibirsk)

#POPUP= Axis Victory - USSR collapses, remaining allies sue for Peace

#IMAGE=

#SOUND=

#FLAG= 1

#TYPE= 2

#AI= 0

#LEVEL= 0

#GV= 1[1,100]

#LINK= 0[0]

#TRIGGER= 100

#ALIGNMENT= 1

#DATE= 1944/01/01

;Berlin

#MAP_POSITION= 108,18

;Rome

#MAP_POSITION= 109,32

;Tokyo

#MAP_POSITION= 134,75

;Moscow

#MAP_POSITION= 146,13

;Novosibirsk

#MAP_POSITION= 80,56

}

{

#NAME= Axis Victory - UK

#POPUP= Axis Victory - UK sues for Peace, USSR then USA quickly follow

#IMAGE=

#SOUND=

#FLAG= 1

#TYPE= 2

#AI= 0

#LEVEL= 0

#GV= 1[1,100]

#LINK= 0[0]

#TRIGGER= 100

#ALIGNMENT= 1

#DATE= 1944/01/01

;Berlin

#MAP_POSITION= 108,18

;Rome

#MAP_POSITION= 109,32

;Tokyo

#MAP_POSITION= 134,75

;Moscow

#MAP_POSITION= 146,13

;London

#MAP_POSITION= 85,19

;Cairo

#MAP_POSITION= 149,49

;Delhi

#MAP_POSITION= 29,82

;Warsaw

#MAP_POSITION= 121,18

;Paris

#MAP_POSITION= 89,23

}

{

#NAME= Axis Victory - USA (Honolulu)

#POPUP= Axis Victory - USA isolationism takes hold in the face of mounting war losses. USA exits the war, remaining Allies sue for peace.

#IMAGE=

#SOUND=

#FLAG= 1

#TYPE= 2

#AI= 0

#LEVEL= 0

#GV= 1[1,100]

#LINK= 0[0]

#TRIGGER= 100

#ALIGNMENT= 1

#DATE= 1944/01/01

;Berlin

#MAP_POSITION= 108,18

;Rome

#MAP_POSITION= 109,32

;Tokyo

#MAP_POSITION= 134,75

;Warsaw

#MAP_POSITION= 121,18

;Paris

#MAP_POSITION= 89,23

;Chungking

#MAP_POSITION= 89,23

;Changchun

#MAP_POSITION= 74,85

;Honolulu

#MAP_POSITION= 240,89

;Manila

#MAP_POSITION= 89,96

}

{

#NAME= Axis Victory - USA (Canberra)

#POPUP= Axis Victory - USA isolationism takes hold in the face of mounting war losses. USA exits the war, remaining Allies sue for peace.

#IMAGE=

#SOUND=

#FLAG= 1

#TYPE= 2

#AI= 0

#LEVEL= 0

#GV= 1[1,100]

#LINK= 0[0]

#TRIGGER= 100

#ALIGNMENT= 1

#DATE= 1944/01/01

;Berlin

#MAP_POSITION= 108,18

;Rome

#MAP_POSITION= 109,32

;Tokyo

#MAP_POSITION= 134,75

;Warsaw

#MAP_POSITION= 121,18

;Paris

#MAP_POSITION= 89,23

;Chungking

#MAP_POSITION= 89,23

;Changchun

#MAP_POSITION= 74,85

;Canberra

#MAP_POSITION= 30,60

;Manila

#MAP_POSITION= 89,96

}

{

#NAME= Axis Major Victory - USSR (Kuybychev)

#POPUP= Axis Major Victory - USSR collapses, remaining allies sue for Peace

#IMAGE=

#SOUND=

#FLAG= 1

#TYPE= 2

#AI= 0

#LEVEL= 0

#GV= 1[1,100]

#LINK= 0[0]

#TRIGGER= 100

#ALIGNMENT= 1

#DATE= 1943/01/01

;Berlin

#MAP_POSITION= 108,18

;Rome

#MAP_POSITION= 109,32

;Tokyo

#MAP_POSITION= 134,75

;Moscow

#MAP_POSITION= 146,13

;Kuybychev

#MAP_POSITION= 168,17

}

{

#NAME= Axis Major Victory - USSR (Novosibirsk)

#POPUP= Axis Major Victory - USSR collapses, remaining allies sue for Peace

#IMAGE=

#SOUND=

#FLAG= 1

#TYPE= 2

#AI= 0

#LEVEL= 0

#GV= 1[1,100]

#LINK= 0[0]

#TRIGGER= 100

#ALIGNMENT= 1

#DATE= 1943/01/01

;Berlin

#MAP_POSITION= 108,18

;Rome

#MAP_POSITION= 109,32

;Tokyo

#MAP_POSITION= 134,75

;Moscow

#MAP_POSITION= 146,13

;Novosibirsk

#MAP_POSITION= 80,56

}

{

#NAME= Axis Major Victory - UK

#POPUP= Axis Major Victory - UK sues for Peace, USSR then USA quickly follow

#IMAGE=

#SOUND=

#FLAG= 1

#TYPE= 2

#AI= 0

#LEVEL= 0

#GV= 1[1,100]

#LINK= 0[0]

#TRIGGER= 100

#ALIGNMENT= 1

#DATE= 1943/01/01

;Berlin

#MAP_POSITION= 108,18

;Rome

#MAP_POSITION= 109,32

;Tokyo

#MAP_POSITION= 134,75

;Moscow

#MAP_POSITION= 146,13

;London

#MAP_POSITION= 85,19

;Cairo

#MAP_POSITION= 149,49

;Delhi

#MAP_POSITION= 29,82

;Warsaw

#MAP_POSITION= 121,18

;Paris

#MAP_POSITION= 89,23

}

{

#NAME= Axis Major Victory - USA (Honolulu)

#POPUP= Axis Major Victory - USA isolationism takes hold in the face of mounting war losses. USA exits the war, remaining Allies sue for peace.

#IMAGE=

#SOUND=

#FLAG= 1

#TYPE= 2

#AI= 0

#LEVEL= 0

#GV= 1[1,100]

#LINK= 0[0]

#TRIGGER= 100

#ALIGNMENT= 1

#DATE= 1943/01/01

;Berlin

#MAP_POSITION= 108,18

;Rome

#MAP_POSITION= 109,32

;Tokyo

#MAP_POSITION= 134,75

;Warsaw

#MAP_POSITION= 121,18

;Paris

#MAP_POSITION= 89,23

;Chungking

#MAP_POSITION= 89,23

;Changchun

#MAP_POSITION= 74,85

;Honolulu

#MAP_POSITION= 240,89

;Manila

#MAP_POSITION= 89,96

}

{

#NAME= Axis Major Victory - USA (Canberra)

#POPUP= Axis Major Victory - USA isolationism takes hold in the face of mounting war losses. USA exits the war, remaining Allies sue for peace.

#IMAGE=

#SOUND=

#FLAG= 1

#TYPE= 2

#AI= 0

#LEVEL= 0

#GV= 1[1,100]

#LINK= 0[0]

#TRIGGER= 100

#ALIGNMENT= 1

#DATE= 1943/01/01

;Berlin