Pacific World Campaign

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No combat operations until Japan is 100% active, but you have many targets to plan for, in fact it is somewhat daunting so you must focus. Production, tech research and upgrades, and don't forget diplomacy, you make the plan.

I think you'll find that concentrating on Europe will keep your combat needs satisfied for awhile, bringing the Italians along slowly and formatting the Germans for continental subjugation is always very interesting especially against a good human player.

SeaMonkey, Thanks about the 100 percent factor. And you are right about the European Theater. I left that part out of my other post. I had intneded to mention it.I have played the WAW for a long time and that usually goes pretty well. I never have any luck maneuvering from one section of the map to the other using the arrows. Even in the stock game of WAW when I try to use the arrows in Egypt my ships just sit there forever. So I keep my troops and ships in whatever map section they start in.

Me and Rambo have been trying to get Nupremal to open up the navigation arrows to both sides. As it stands now I have had some Italian DDs sitting on the Persian Gulf arrows from the Red Sea / Horn area since the beginning of the game and they have never moved into the Persian Gulf.:(

Nupremal....open the arrows up for either side!:D

Good to hear Rambo, and that pizza is making me hungry, guess I'll go visit Snoopy's for some fresh fish.

Agreed JDF, for Axis surface fleets, but what about the Uboats? See...I'm of the opinion they need to have access and the rest of the Axis Fleet also if the proper bases can be set up. Historically, the uboats and armed merchants ranged all through the Atlantic and Indian Oceans, don't forget the Type XIV Milk Cows.

I still have an issue of the pacific map. When Japan sign the non aggression all is good. When Germany declares war Japan can also go to war no problem. THERE SHOULD BE RUSSIAN FORCES ON THE PACIFIC MAP!!!! Russia had a large military presense in the far east. If Japan declares war the forces appear. But if they join the german assualt all this territory is empty.

These troops dissapear completly, there is no siberian event during the winter in western USSR. THEY SIMPLY are not there in this scenario. I can not agree with worm wood that it is a matter of me garrisoning the area. THESE TROOPS EXISTED and should not just vanish.

Secondly if the game is allowing german planes in China. Allied planes should be allowed in Russia. Playing PVP in this scenario Russia is hard pressed.

Nupreaml canyou modify this?

Japan should not be allowed to attack Eastern(Asia) USSR if she accepts the nonaggression pact in the decision event. Perhaps some diplomacy would be in order that would let the "Pact" end sooner than its four year term, it expired Summer of 45.

I've played Japan and intended to attack Soviets as soon as they went to war with Germany so I declined the "Pact" and USSR had some Asian forces. There's not a lot to defend and the weather and mountains make for a commitment Japan can ill afford to make.

I would like to see a decision event that would culminate with the deployments of the Siberians in either theater depending on the USSR player choice. USSR decides to redeploy Siberians to west then Asia is not covered with but small garrisons and perhaps an HQ with the option to build additional troops and deploy.

USSR chooses to keep Siberians in place, then Japan had better keep Manchukou garrisoned with decent combat troops or the Reds have the option to attack, nullifying "the pact".

1 - There cannot be russian forces because then you are automatically at war when germany and japan and USSR are active. The "neutral" area simulates this and can be activated as follows - neutrality pact, join w/Germany, leave the territory and there can be an activation by russia if you wish, finally it expires if germany surrenders.

2 - the units do NOT disappear. The siberian transfer = zhukov and the additional units. They either appear in europe or stay in siberia.

so - no troops vanish. There were some bugs in earlier versions that might have had that appear, but those are fixed now

That is a valid point.

Maybe the game is right no lacking political points to conquer?

This would make empty landscapes, islands or minor countries worth a fight.

Something like "remember the alamo".

Maybe it would be better that you have to earn your political points instead of buying them.

Conquer a country, you get some. Free a country, you get some as well.

Spend them to influence neutrals.

SeaMonkey, that is a brilliant idea as well.

My appraoch was more like the well known victory points from board games like Victory in the Pacific (Avalon Hill).

quote wikipedia:

"...The board divides the Pacific Ocean into 13 sea zones. Each turn players commit their ships, air and marine units to particular zones, and then (if there are opposing forces in the same area) a battle is fought in each zone, until one player retreats or is eliminated. Points of control (POC) are earned based on how many zones a player controls in that turn. Certain areas are worth more to one or both players than others. For example, the Japanese (IJN) player receives 3 POC for controlling Indonesia or the Japanese Islands, but only 1 for controlling the North Pacific. The Allied (USN) player receives only 1 POC for Indonesia, but 3 for the Hawaiian Islands...."