Buying Shock Force digital download

Hi Folks,

Just want to check something with you guys.....

I'm going to buy SF+Marines on Friday (payday) on one computer. How would I then move the files onto another computer? I presume I could just copy them onto a memory stick and move it to the other computer. But does this cause a problem with the eLicence?

Thanks for you help and appologies if I've posted this in the wrong place... ******* noob!

Andy

You can copy the files (installer) you download anywhere and as often as you like. In fact, we strongly recommend that you do make a physical copy (disc, USB stick etc.) because you cannot re-download indefinitely (downloads expire after 365 days or 10 downloads).

eLicense does not restrict the copying and even installation of files at all. That's one of the nice things about it - it does the minimum required to enforce our End User License (max of two activated games per purchased key), and not more than that.

So to recap: you can download anywhere (even internet cafe etc.), copy the files to your gaming PC, and activate there. Only after the activation at the final destination does eLicense kick in (by "tying" your key to that PC). Only from that moment on do you need to UNLICENSE if you want to move your *activated* game to another PC ("mobile license").

We have an extensive FAQ at www.battlefront.com/faq by the way covering some of these and many many other issues and questions.

Martin

shoddy exchange rate

That all depends on which side of the equation you're on :D Me, I'm going to enjoy drinking in Canada for the first time in 3 years thanks to the 4 year low of the Loonie. OK, OK... I enjoyed the beers just as much as before, but when a $15 beer actually costs me $15 it does take some of the fun out of it (yeah, I'm a flipp'n beer snob, so Molson doesn't cut it for me).

Steve

"Efes is far from a quality brew."

Been there, done that (unfortunately). The worst is that they opened a doner shop here in Utrecht where I live, with the name Efes. Guess the quality of their doner... But @6 in the morning there are no other options but Efes. Bet you can imagine my association with the name "Efes" now.

God do I love to live here being able to enjoy a good beer (and hasj ofc ;) ) at a good price any time of the day :) CHEERS

Steve,

What kind of beer are you drinking for $15 a bottle?

I think atmosphere has a lot to do with it. When I lived in Japan, I loved the country and fell in love with the local beer "Asahi Super Dry". Still buy it on occasion. Then when I was in Halifax a few years ago, had a great time and loved the city and tried their local brew called "Alexander Keiths". Now that is all I drink.

The worst beer I ever tasted was "Maudite" from Quebec. Way to yeasty. Felt and tasted like I was eating uncooked bread.

A great site to see what you may want to try is http://www.tobp.com/

Well, I didn't realize Canada Guy is from Saskatoon as well. I've been thinking (very much) about CMSF and Marines and the digital download too and you asked the question I had on my mind.

Thanks, eh?

You prolly know that Alexander Keith's is widely available here...the red is great for fuelling long CMBB sessions. A good beer, or rather stout, to try is Phillip's Longboat Double Chocolate Stout (or is that a porter?). I've only seen it available in the Okanagan. We drank our last bottle a few months back, otherwise I would've provided a sample.

Enjoy CMSF!

Bergerbitz ,

I noticed that your profile says you are not allowed to have interests so I am assuming that you are married but if you are ever up for having a beer and talking shop (military history or politics) I would be happy to oblige. I am allowed to leave the house for a non-work related outing once every few months. I sent you a private message with my email address.

Canada Guy...I just sent you a private message in reply.

I wrote that "not allowed to have interests" things while in the throes of my last marriage (boy, I have been here a few years...heh) and haven't updated it yet. My current wife is a lot more supportive with my hobbies.

Politics, religion, military history (I'm no Dorosh, but I know a little bit of stuff), philosophy -- heck, it all mixes with beer.

And it's all fun until someone loses an eye. Then it's a hockey game and you've paid too much for the ticket.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled topic.

(Oh, did you get CMSF already? I'm too lazy to back and check to see when you said you're purchasing it. I want to know how flawless the transaction is. Thanks, eh?)

Bergerbitz,

I bought the Paradox version when it first came out (I think from EB games) and actually saw a copy in Giant Tiger last week for $5. That is a steal and a half.

I did buy the Marines Module through BF and it was seamless. I also ordered the hard copy in case something ever happens to the website or my order expires etc. I have played CMBB/CMAK for a few years now and plan to play it in the future. A hard copy gives me some reasurance that I do not have to rely upon outsite sites to continue playing.

I do have to give BF credit as the whole process was very nice and easy, with the hard copy arriving soon after. I defintely plan on buying the Brits module when it comes out next month.

I've been casually looking for the Paradox-flavoured version of CMSF in town, but I haven't seen it yet. I must've missed it at EB. Durn. I'll have a see at Giant Tiger, but I have a feeling it won't be there either.

But, I'm torn between buying the game from BFC and getting it locally.

I mean BFC is small development company and really deserves top dollar for its efforts.

On the other hand, I'm cheap and don't have a lot of top dollars.

But BFC is staffed and run by some really talented and helpful people and they keep turning out quality game after game...

...on the other hand, I'm cheap bastard and have been known to separate two-ply toilet paper just to get that "extra mileage".

But BFC...

Heck...I'll have a look and let my heart and wallet guide my actions. Should I apologize to BFC in advance in case I have a moral lapse?

I'll still get both modules, though. They just seem like a lot of good content for a wee bit o' cash.

Thanks, Canada Guy!