Nice to see an intelligent community

Hey all,

I'm behind the times, just got my claws into CMBO a week or so ago, and holy flippin' heck am I hooked. Not such a great thing to happen during exams, but I figure, I'm a history student, and this is history. =O)

Anyway, I have to say, from browsing through the posts and the archives, I'm impressed by the community and the quality of the posts. Looking forward to meeting some of you over the time it takes to wreck my school year while conquering this game.

Take it easy,

Quietone

Yes Quietone, this is a remarkable group. Apparently the average age is over thirty, and the intellectual level (in spite of the average age ;) ) is pretty high.

Welcome to the board!

(Postscript: check out "Combat Missions: Africa Korps" when you get a chance. The latest product using the CM engine is a notable upgrade from Beyond Overlord.)

- Rokossovski

Originally posted by Sirocco:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Quietone:

Has CMAK been released commercially the way CMBO was? I bought CMBO at an Electronics Boutique...do I order CMAK from Battlefront or CDV?

You can order it directly from BFC, or you can also find it through retail outlets. </font>...only in Europe.

Martin

Originally posted by Moon:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sirocco:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Quietone:

Has CMAK been released commercially the way CMBO was? I bought CMBO at an Electronics Boutique...do I order CMAK from Battlefront or CDV?

You can order it directly from BFC, or you can also find it through retail outlets. </font>

Originally posted by Quietone:

Looking forward to meeting some of you over the time it takes to wreck my school year while conquering this game.

Oh yes, I to plan on spending more time playing this game than I should--my grad thesis does call. However, the scary part for me is that you can never "conquer" this game. I've been playing for about 2 months but have just recently joined in the forums. I agree, it does seem like a rather articulate bunch. But enough of this, I need to read more posts on tactics--And get back to playing. Nothing teaches like experience.

Cheers

15?! 22!? OMG, do I feel old at almost 44. Let's see-

22 years ago I was playing Squad Leader and Tobruk (board games, with actual cardboard counters with actual printing on them. The Rulebook wound up being longer than my college textbooks). Fifteen years ago was 1988 or so and I hadn't purchased my first computer but i was still playing board games. By then I was on the little known Firepower (great concept, I wish it had been translated to computer) and the card/board game Up Front. Sure do miss Avalon Hill.

Any other oldies out there care to comment?