Rocket Artillery

I was wondering why rocket artillery has been left out of the US. arsenal in CMSF? The MLRS is a very important and powerful artillery system that would no doubt play a huge part in any ground based invasion. What normal howitzer artillery have in saturation ability, the MLRS makes up for in accuracy and diversity of weapon types. When in doubt, fire a rocket filled with hundreds of tiny cluster bombs. :)

The cluster warheads on the MLRS simply have too big a footprint for a typical CM-size map. Thet aren't really meant to be used with allied forces anywhere near the aim point.

BUT the Brits use a 200 pound (I think) unitary warhead, not the cluster bomb. I just checked the Brit module site an in their 'preliminary equipment list' they include M270Bi MLRS :D

The guided rounds were introduced to late to make the original game, and I think that they are coming for the Brit Module.

The unguided cluster munitions have a danger safe distance of about the same size as a CMSF map, and an area of effect of approximately a kilometer square. It is just to large a scale for CMSF to handle well. Many threads on this. :)

I'd like to see it. I already have scenarios with 15 BM-21s doing preplanned bombardment. It's fun to watch.

It's like the naval artillery in CMBO. Not terribly useful, but very cool. I understand dev time is limited, but a modern game should have modern weapons.

CMSF is a game unto itself, not just a stepping stone back to WW2. I'm tired of WW2.