Play Balance

Hello SeaMonkey!:

The 'AI' ground units seem to usually be able to attack across Rivers with IMPUNITY!,...and SURVIVE THESE IDIOTIC ATTACK'S!. The 'AI' can attack a strongly ENTRENCHED UNIT,...across a river and kick the 'Brown-Chunks' out of it???,...while usually sustaining little to no-casualties???...and inflicting as much or more harm than they receive!. I think that the 'Cheat-Slider' has been slightly overadjusted/overused in it's favor?.

I have noticed this to an extreme as well. Many times where it was estimated I take no damage while giving 1, I end up giving none and taking the obligatory 1 damage. While I will admit it ending up the other ways at times, it is few and far in between. This is really noticiable in ports, I don't think the computer estimation takes into account the port modifiers.

Also, speaking of taking arbitrarily unfair damage, what of those amphibious landings? While I've noticed the enemy AI takes *no* damage from these landings, I have lost up to 70% strength, more often than not 10 to 20%. This unfairly hurts the Japanese, who is depending alot on these landings in the beginning when MPPs are tight. The Burma campaign is set back weeks on a bad landing, and India is based on pure speed.

Is there a way to take out amphibious landing damages?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My greatest aggrivation is how the 'Russians' come on so overwhelmingly-strongly in the game in early 1943!. "They-Wreck-The-Game-Completely" [Or-Can],...even if i have been so-far been able to control their iirrational-incursion!.

Otherwise!,...so-far!,...a 'Great-Game!' has been borne'!. Hail 'Carter!!!'.

Hi Retributar

I'm glad you're enjoying the game. We will be making some amendments to Soviet activation, but even so, I wonder, did you leave Manchukuo free of garrisons?

Only that's the only way I can think of, unless the allied AI has invested a lot in diplomacy, to activate the USSR so early.

Is there a way to take out amphibious landing damages?

Yes, if you are landing multiple units.

What I have observed is the first unit landing almost always takes damage when landing on foreign occupied soil. If that first unit is a special forces, it seems like it is less. However, once it has landed, it will flip the 8 cells around it to your control. If you land the rest of the units on the land that you now control, I don't think you take any damage at all. At least that has been my observation.

What I like to do is make the first unit that lands be my least valuable attacking unit so I preserve all my other units strength. If I don't have that choice, I at least make sure its a spec forces.

The Red Army is not completely unmanageable, at least in the summer of 44, but things are still touchy. What's a real kicker is the USA is landing all over the place, no big deal since I did not spread out into the Pacific Islands as there is really no MPP benefit from doing so.

And that's just it, it seems the map beckons the Japanese player to dilute his forces, don't fall for it. Garrison only a few outlying islands for Air ops with your bombers who have LR and can spot many tiles out in naval terms. You can keep an eye on the Allied naval movements this way, but as has been stated LR is a must tech.

Heck LR was always mucho important in all SC versions from my perspective. You see first..you kill first.

Among other things, I've noticed that US subs don't seem to be historically as active. I invested in anti-sub tech early but did not really need the two advances I got, as US has only sent in a couple, maybe 3 patrols. All decimated...I might add, but they did get to me for a few MPPs.

Does anyone invest in IT or PT for Japan? Infrastructure for that matter also?

I've got just about all land and air units built and even a couple extra subs, been thinking about an extra CV or two, but I should have done that earlier. Naval losses to this point are only two CA squadrons and one BB, but I'm feeling the Allied CV heat!

I think someone should think again about the intelligence handicap of the japanese side.

High tech equipment should be expensive for the japanese, but not forbidden to obtain.

The US player get intelligence lvl 5 quite easy, giving the japanese side some more problems to research something useful.

Maybe this should be checked again "(i got high intelligence, so you got less tech advances").

In my recent game against JJR i don't get any hits in anti-tank research (now 3 year with one or to chits).

I think research should be easier, but equipment should be more expensive instead of "no or nearly no research advance and therefor no better equipment at all".