spotting changes in 1.11

Sgt Joch

I disagree with this. Just now I played a scenario where a US scout squad was spotted by a T-72M1V from about 50m as they were running up flights of stairs. The squad had yet to fire any weapons at all, and there had been no blue fire originating from the building for a good 5 minutes or so. Despite this, the T-72 spotted the squad and annihilated it.

Had the squad been seen by anyone up to that point?

This is something I need to test, since I have a hunch that once a unit is seen once it loses the ability to get invisible in buildings.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a a situation to contribute. With save games available. :)

In the first Marines campaign mission I get a sniper team to the windowless wall of a small building. I deeply suspect that there is a Syrian unit inside but there no indication at all. I area fire through the wall. This kills or wounds about half the Syrians, but I still don't get so much as a ? icon. You would think that much dying would make a little noise, maybe result in a weapon discharge or two and some shouted orders. The team does not spot the Syrians until they Huint into the building. This may or may not be the same issue as above.

It is the small house closest to the far left observation point objective by the way.

In the first Marines campaign mission I get a sniper team to the windowless wall of a small building. I deeply suspect that there is a Syrian unit inside but there no indication at all. I area fire through the wall. This kills or wounds about half the Syrians, but I still don't get so much as a ? icon. You would think that much dying would make a little noise, maybe result in a weapon discharge or two and some shouted orders. The team does not spot the Syrians until they Huint into the building. This may or may not be the same issue as above.

You area fired with a sniper team and half the Syrians were killed? What? I don't see how that would make sense unless the sniper team decided not to use the sniper rifle and instead switched to grenades.

Note I'm not saying that that's not what happened, just that it doesn't make sense and indicates a problem with CMSF's simulation.

Heavy bullets and M203 grenades(?) penetrating the wall, maybe

Yeah, I buy the grenades. But as far as bullets goes, as someone reported in the Sniper Resupply thread, the M107 .50 caliber Sniper Rifle has 20 bullets. I can't imagine a Sniper Team would just start shooting the M107 randomly into the building. I mean I guess they could if ordered, but would you really kill/incapacitate that many people shooting 20 bullets randomly through the walls. I guess it would depend on how big the building is.