Yellow Casualty Bunkers?

I just played a mission in which my sniper team was sent to destroy a HMG bunker with grenades from the rear. Surprise number 1 was that the bunker crew opened fire through the rear of the bunker and took out the whole team! I suppose this might be simulating firing slits etc. at the rear of the bunker. However, what surprised me even more was that at mission end the bunker was "yellow" status. My sniper team had apparently damaged it with the grenades but not destroyed it.

What effect does "yellow" casualty status have on a bunker? If it was a vehicle, it would be immobilized but that's obviously not the case for a static fortification. Does it mean the HMG is inoperable? It's obviously a pretty rare event as I've never seen it before.

I just played a mission in which my sniper team was sent to destroy a HMG bunker with grenades from the rear. Surprise number 1 was that the bunker crew opened fire through the rear of the bunker and took out the whole team! I suppose this might be simulating firing slits etc. at the rear of the bunker.

Umm... the door they use to get in and out?

However, what surprised me even more was that at mission end the bunker was "yellow" status. My sniper team had apparently damaged it with the grenades but not destroyed it.

What effect does "yellow" casualty status have on a bunker? If it was a vehicle, it would be immobilized but that's obviously not the case for a static fortification. Does it mean the HMG is inoperable? It's obviously a pretty rare event as I've never seen it before.

Honestly never seen it before. Is it possible that it's considered abandoned?

Thanks for your replies.

The soldiers where still in the bunker at game end and hadn't left the bunker at any time as I called a ceasefire as soon as the bunker had wiped out my snipers. It's possible the soldiers in side were about to bug out but I will never know.

As for firing through the rear door, I would have thought the last thing you'd want to do inside a bunker is open the door if you knew enemy where outside trying to chuck a grenade inside. Having played far too many games of "Call of Duty" and the like, I'd prefer to imagine some sort of firing slit allowing occupants to fire out the back. I'd have to do some tests to see if the line of fire is mutual though, otherwise I'd say it was a bug.

Just to clarify - I hope without spoiling anything for anyone - it was in the first mission of the v1.11 patch Marines campaign, and the scenario awarded me the points for the bunker even though its status at game end was yellow and not red. I was quite surprised to see it there as it must have been added for v1.11.

Just to clarify - I hope without spoiling anything for anyone - it was in the first mission of the v1.11 patch Marines campaign, and the scenario awarded me the points for the bunker even though its status at game end was yellow and not red. I was quite surprised to see it there as it must have been added for v1.11.

Would-be spoiler alert!

My recon HQ spotted that bunker (the one by OP 104, right?) from the building designated OP 103. I had them call for the orbiting F-18 to knock it out -- I selected "Light", but the Hornet still dropped a bloody JDAM just 10 meters from the bunker! lol

I'll have to reply that mission and see if my sniper team (preferably the M82-armed one) can do anything to that bunker from above and behind (i.e., firing from a building to the bunker's rear).