Request: AI Bonus

ChrisND

Also be nice to have a bonus just for playing Red side. I seem constantly frustrated by their lack of gutso in the face of the enemy; even veterans hardly seem to.....hmmm, maybe this is a separate thread, sorry for hijacking...

This can already be done by the scenario designer with the bonus parameter. My beef is that it should be able to differentiate between a bonus for an AI or a human player.

I just did a little test. Both blue and Red got a 1000 pt bonus. I took Red played my heart out, cease fired and Blue got a bonus...and so did I... Parameter does not distinguish between AI and Human player... just player Blue or player Red...It has to. So all parameters settings are available to both AI and Human.

I think he means that it applies ONLY to the AI player. So the AI has the bonus if it plays on that side, but the human player does not.

My test indicated otherwise. It's easy to check out. Take any scen Add bonus for both blue and red in the editor...play the scen for a bit, cease fire and you will see both blue and Red (that would be AI and Human) each receive a bonus.

MarkEzra,

ND is aware of the way it works now. He wants a change, so that, for example, in the same scenario, without making any changes except which sides are played by humans and by the AI:

Blue Human vs Red AI

No Bonus vs Bonus

Blue AI vs Red Human

Bonus vs No Bonus

Blue Human vs Red Human

No Bonus vs No Bonus

Does that make sense?

MarkEzra,

ND is aware of the way it works now. He wants a change, so that, for example, in the same scenario, without making any changes except which sides are played by humans and by the AI:

Blue Human vs Red AI

No Bonus vs Bonus

Blue AI vs Red Human

Bonus vs No Bonus

Blue Human vs Red Human

No Bonus vs No Bonus

Does that make sense?

Thanks...Yes that does make sense. It sounds like an entire re-write of the AI to achieve...but it does make sense. ;) Perhaps as an interim solution...while we feed Charles a case or two of Red Bull...scenario designers could simply make two scen. One Blue AI and another for Red AI.

Well, now that that is cleared up.. :D

Perhaps as an interim solution...while we feed Charles a case or two of Red Bull...scenario designers could simply make two scen. One Blue AI and another for Red AI.

Definitely, although not an optimal solution, because if a scenario designer wants a scenario to be capable of Blue vs AI, Red vs AI, and 2-player, then the amount of files involved starts to get excessive.

Anyways, hopefully it is food for thought for Normandy.