Z Aar

Its a hell of a battle - will accumulate some images - not sure how to display them.

Both sides are deploying major threats in different areas of the board.

In Burma the Allies are dangerous - the Japanese hold their ground though and strike at an exposed tank unit. Pray for rain.

The noose tightens around the Chinese though the communists have counterplay. The Japanese paras prevent Allied reinforcement of China.

To the north of Japan the US is deploying a threat - I suspect airbases - though this is triggering Japanese troops and Kamikaze aircraft.

More south its clear he is probing my defenses - a sub sneaks in - run into it but after some chasing nail it.

New Guinea is under threat from Nippon - another settlement falls - he seems very weak in the Oz region, my guess is its all in India.

Japanese MPP at all time high.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will see what I can do about screenies.

One of the armies attacking Peking gets destroyed by the commies.

Burma is liberated as the army on the capital gets destroyed.

Burma is in full monsoon season, the Allies make the most of it to reinforce and refit their air power.

The Chinese stronghold will fall soon if there is no rain.

I lose my US sub close to the Philippines but he manages to cause some pretty significant damage to cruisers before going down.

Blashy and Colin, if you are afraid to put up pics, because of the fear of giving info out to the enemy; why not just send them to the people who are interested via way of a private message here on battlefront. I suppose the other thing you could do would be to agree with Colin on how old an image can be, and then have both you and Colin post images of the epic battle :).

Quiet turn - bad weather.

Its more the strategic balance you need to see - Burma is packed with Allied units and is slowly buckling but my MPP are still slowly climbing as newly taken cities get rebuilt. There is no question that he will take SouthEast Asia but how China will look by that time is another matter.

Quite overall, I can just managed to damage an HQ in Burma and make upgrades on my units.

Communists in China probe to see if Japan is leaving cities open, not so.

USA is acting content of simply capturing that one village.

USA probably has the dominance over air power now, but positioning all that power is the real challenge.

I think its Spring 1943 but in the excitement keep forgetting to look or take screenshots!

Port Moresby falls to the Japanese - if I was the Australian ambassador I would protest at the lack of support - Anzac troops are in the Burma push but little has been done to defend NZ and Japanese troops are VERY close to OZ.

In China despite poor weather another army dies and some damage to others.

Japanese bombers strike at the US emplacement in north Japan.

There's a lot of cryptic talk going on here:

Blashy:

USA is somewhat active.

Colin:

Japanese reveal infantry weapons 2 and some other technology they aren't talking about.

I get the impression that you're both planning on springing something rather nasty on the other side. Good luck to you both! :)

China will easily hold on until 1944, this is great for the Allies.

A very small penetration into Thailand territory by the Allies, one Japanese unit is cut off from HQ support.

Seeing the production queue of USA is just too funny! My initial tactic is still not in full swing though... as I said, 1944!

NOTE: I actually kinda hope the tactic is very difficult or near impossible vs. a Human player because if it is it could take away a part of the game that would make it go against what was historically needed by the Allies. Still I decided to give it a shot now since it might be the only time I get to use it... seeing as Colin is not fully experienced (yet) but his previous SC experience easily shows.

It works vs. the Axis AI but I think I can have Hubert fix that ;) .

I Can't wait to find out what this tactic is. I think I might have a guess at it, but dobut I'm actually correct with that guess.

If you look at the production queue in the beginning of the game I think it's ridiculous, and I can only imagine what it looks like at this point it's as if America isn't fighting at all in Europe.

Weather clearing up cuts both ways ;-)

Japanese close in on China and sink an Allied Cruiser - have to say not the destroyer I was targeting but apparently a strength 1 ship deployed in a blocking position that seems unwise ;-)

I have a feeling the action is about to escalate.

Yep, the remnants of the UK navy manages to damage a cruiser to STR 5 and do 1 point of damage to a BB , sucking money out of Japan, hehe.

We kill another Army in Thailand and bring a tank to STR1 after it resists destruction multiple times at STR 1.

Still got rain in Burma but Sept to March is when there is a chance of clear weather so we hope for the best.

USA manages to operate some air power just north of Japan since the village was not bombarded for a few turns by Japan.

China does not send extra secrete supplies to Peking and so it should fall next turn, instead they reinforce up north, as well do the communists as they bring in one extra army.

September 1943.