Building Corner Sniper Slot Info?

c3k

Gents,

As many of you know, there is a graphic/gameplay flaw in buildings right now. At the junction of two walls, there is a gap. ____ _____ That gap appears minute from the outside, but from the inside of the building it appears larger. Say a few inches from the outside view and about a foot (or more) from within the building. (I think this also occurs at corners, not just junctions of straight wall sections.)

This occurs when two buildings abut each other: XX The junction is imperfect.

The gameplay effect is that a blank wall (or one which APPEARS blank) instead offers a beautiful firing loophole for defenders INSIDE the building.

An approaching attacker may think he's in a blind zone, when he is suddenly sprayed down by the defenders who have been watching.

Now, I don't think this was a conscious design decision, but I can live with it as a gameplay effect. You could assume the defenders created a firing position.

My preference would be to seal the gaps; if you want the defenders to see that side of the building's approach, put a window there.

Anyhow, three questions:

Is BF.C aware of this issue?

Is BF.C going to repair this issue (assuming they see it as a problem)?

What is the likely timeframe of an assumed repair?

Thanks,

Ken

The gameplay effect is that a blank wall (or one which APPEARS blank) instead offers a beautiful firing loophole for defenders INSIDE the building.

Holy ****! I was aware of the 'graphical' aspect of this bug (see my cut-away mosque in "The Old City Hall"), but I was not aware that one can actually see/spot through these gaps!

Are you sure that this is the case?!

Best regards,

Thomm

Thomm,

Absolutely. Try a few experiments yourself. Also, others have also posted about this in the past. This occurs where two different buildings abut each other. It may occur in other circumstances. My title may be misleading: I do not think you can fire from the corner of a solitary building. Again, two buildings adjoining ---> ____A___ ____B_____ Where A meets B there is a gap. Use your camera to move around the outside. You'll see the gap. Now move inside and you'll see the HUGE opening. Now, put some troops inside and some of their enemy outside. Ensure there are no other windows or doors. Watch the fun.

I can (much later today or tomorrow) post some savegames.

If you like, you can run an experiment on your own.

Spoiler follows............

USMC: Road to Hama... Spoiler coming up! Stop here if you don't want to ruin the surprise!!!

Okay, here it is; open up Road to Hama. You start at the gate to a town as a USMC platoon. Just through the gate, to the left, is a long low building. Inside of that building are a bunch of Syrians. The only openings visible are two doors. The long building is made up of four (?) conjoined buildings. From the gate to the town the first and third building backs have doors. All the rest is smooth. Run a squad back there and stop them between the two doors. They Syrians WILL shoot them through the gap between the building elements.

This is true of many other situations. At least it's consistent.

Regards,

Ken

I have posted about it in at least two threads and can confirm it is a building "adjoinment" issue. It is also a serious case of WYSIWYG confusion as Ken mentions above.

It leads to troops being able to see out of the buildings through the joint point and also into the adjoining building. I set up a whole test scenario and proved the affects I mention beyond a shadow of a doubt. The only way to avoid it is to make sure your scenarios do not have buildings that actually touch one another.

MarkEzra,

You're welcome, although, as I stated in my first post and SlapHappy has reiterated, the credit should go to him, SlapHappy, not me. He has posted about it this. It was his post which heightened my sensitivity to this issue and led to my not being satisfied with the status quo.

Thanks,

Ken

Ooops. Time for an edit.

In my first post, I did not, as I had supposed, credit this discovery to anyone else. That was a lapse on my part. I had meant to. I apologize to anyone that may've offended.

In my post, just above, I did, belatedly, give credit to SlapHappy. In honesty, although SlapHappy has certainly posted about this before, I do not know if his was the first post on this issue. If there is someone else who should share in this, accept my apologies.

Thanks,

Ken