Anyone else get quite excited about the newsletter?

Locksley

Hahah anyone else read the 'Here is your news roundup for November! Lotsa BIG news this month!' and for a few seconds think hurray its coming out!!!? Then scroll all the way to the bottom and see no. Haha, far too eager for this! My sympathies to those who seem to have been waiting for three years.

Yep, I am very disappointed in not seeing anything about CMC or the promised CM2 WWII modules. I guess this shows how little opinions from forum member matter. Oh well, by the time CMC is released I may just pass it by and hope for great games from another game company.

I feel let down.

Well , i play CoH - its not really relistic but still funny and challenging in MP.

Regretly i,m totally disappointed of SF and wont buy any more of this part, 40 bucks were already to much (just played till 1.08) - imagine a CM3 WW2 in CoH graphic ... heh , ok time to stop dreaming and get serious ^^

hope CMC is coming soon and if not there is still Resident Evil 5 or Empires oder Starcraft 2 ...Battlefront is doing a big mistake ... how i feel ... nah hope the betatester give soon the green light (even more i hope there is a beta) ^^

There are a lot more BIG news going around these days at Battlefront than CMC.

Having said that - we FINALLY passed a very important milestone the other day for CMC, FINALLY opening the door for the already mentioned new beta testing crew. We need a little more polishing and testing, but the call for beta testers will be going out fairly soon (sometime next month). There are now two programmers again working on the project, supporting Bruce (both of them are called Rob, heh...), so things are in motion again.

There are a lot more BIG news going around these days at Battlefront than CMC.

Having said that - we FINALLY passed a very important milestone the other day for CMC, FINALLY opening the door for the already mentioned new beta testing crew. We need a little more polishing and testing, but the call for beta testers will be going out fairly soon (sometime next month). There are now two programmers again working on the project, supporting Bruce (both of them are called Rob, heh...), so things are in motion again.

What a meaty bone just before American Thanks Giving. :D

I gave give thanks that it is a little closer Moon. :)

Moon I am free to Beta test. :rolleyes:

Is the plan still to have battles resolved in CMBB or has that been dropped because of Vista and interface trouble?

CMC will of course continue to have CMBB battle resolution. That's the whole point. It will in fact come packaged together with CMBB. But - and this has been in from day one - it does not rely on it. You can have battles auto-resolve if you like, so you can play CMC standalone if you want.

Okay, how about letting those who whine and pine most for CMC (someone like me perhaps?;) ) shut up and do some serious work with the beta playtest? A "put up or shut up" approach.

Moon, feel free to email me about my qualifications (ever play Advanced Squad Leader? If so, then you will know my work).

Regardless, good to hear this latest update.