Marines

I saw in one of the pics something about a marine corp? Is this just a normal infantry corp or has special rules been put in? Reason why I ask is because in my global scenario I was trying to make marines corps but I could see no justification vs cost vs utility to make them due to the game mechanics.

You cant reduce amphib cost for a specific unit.

There is no invastion penalties that can be eliminated by having a marine unit.

Marine units also ought to have a higher combat and experience value than most of the US Army units. Not only did they receive more intense training, often from veterans of China etc., but they also had other units attached to them that most Army units didn't.

On the other hand in the early going of the war, Army units were usually better equipped and that could be reflected also.

• 2 weeks later...

Jarhead0331, for this release and specifically for the main Operation Z campaign the Special Forces unit slot has been modeled to represent US Marines for the USA and Japanese SNLF for Japan. For all intents and purposes I am guessing that they are the crucial units you are looking for but feel free to take the Demo out for a spin and decide for yourself since there is a lot more to the game than just these two unit types ;).

Hope this helps,

Hubert

Hubert, I'm beginning to see your point about the chances of Japan beating the US outright as being impossible. If the value for oil is going to be 5x operational value, then Japan will be beaten quickly with all of those oil reserves the US has compared to Japan's only oil reserves in the Dutch East Indies.

Hubert, I'm beginning to see your point about the chances of Japan beating the US outright as being impossible. If the value for oil is going to be 5x operational value, then Japan will be beaten quickly with all of those oil reserves the US has compared to Japan's only oil reserves in the Dutch East Indies.

I have managed to make quite a good sum of MPPs with Japan.

The victory conditions are great, love their simplicity and how IMO they make historical sense.

Yes my original post might have sounded misleading... just to clarify there is no Demo just yet but there will of course be a Demo available as soon as the game is released as is always the case with our releases.

Yes, but as soon as the game is released, I won't need a demo, will I?

:-)