How many times can a BMP brew up?

bodkin

I'm playing a Red vs Red PBEM battle (Citadel) at the moment and I've noticed that every turn the knocked out BMP's brew up.

In the last turn one of my BMP's that had exploded every turn since it was knocked out ten turns ago exploded three times! All the other knocked out BMP's on the field exploded at least once as well and not for the first time.

Is this realistic? If the ammo cache is in seperate compartments I guess it is, but I don't know enough about the structure of the vehicle. Brewing up every turn seems a bit excessive, PBEM bug maybe?

Any thoughts?

A couple of dead BMPs are wreaking havoc on the small map I am playing a PBEM on, since the critters insist on moving forwards turn after turn too. One has destroyed every tree and non-building wall within about 80 meters now, some 20 turns after it was first destroyed (and still putting out a goor 4 or 5 big explosions every turn). The other one has already severely damaged several buildings and effectively blocked a large section of road: it is perfectly capable of causing casualties 30-40 meters away, and unfortunately makes a very good defence for my opponent, since it is sitting on my best route of attack :)

They are both doing a good job of excavating trenches as they go though.