Tank Sims: T-34vsTiger and Steel Fury

MeatEtr

I know there's some treadheads around here. Especially Panzer Elite fans from way back in the day. In case you don't know, the TvT game is based primarily on multiplayer while SF is single player only.

Apparently the TvT release(Oct.25) has been a bit sketchy, haven't got my import yet from GoGamer.com. Also haven't gotten a new PC yet, this one is badly showing it's age. People are having a hard time getting connected to play online. But word is that they are working hard on a patch. There's not much of a SP side to this game either, only a dozen missions for solo players. Here's a review by tanksim.com. Btw, there's no english demo available. Has anybody on the BF boards tried this game yet?

The SF game won't be released until Nov. 7th or the 15th if your getting it imported. I'm definitely looking more forward to this one. The SP is much better than TvT. Here is a just released preview from SimHQ. Sadly though there is no MP in this game at all. Here's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS3PiHE8dlA. Apparently there's a mod already in the works called Steel Panzer. It seems their adding more playable AFVs. Here's a

armed with the doorknocker(37mm).

There is a demo avaiable for SF if your interested, FileFront has it. Gotta warn you though, the manual is a bad translation from russian.

I guess a real PE successor has finally arrived, in the form of two separate games. :)

I figured RO players would certainly be interested in these sims. Yeah the release of TvT sorta stumbled out. But it sounds like their gonna fix/patch it up based on this [deleted] They also got a new moderator to help ease the communication channel from the devs to the community. There is a language barrier, [deleted]

I haven't heard of any of the other games LH offers besides that Overclocked game, tried the demo. They're probably not use to this kind of influx of user feedback, good or bad.

SimHQ have put up their new preview of Steel Fury.

Haven't provided a link as I don't want to be spanked by Moon. (just not into that sort of thing)

I already provided a link in my initial post. It should be fine since SimHQ isn't a game company. I'm pretty sure the LH forum links are ok too, since their not links to product pages.

Had to delete those two links to the LI pages. LI is a commercial games publisher and the links contained FAQs explaining how to purchase the game.

I figured RO players would certainly be interested in these sims. Yeah the release of TvT sorta stumbled out. But it sounds like their gonna fix/patch it up based on this [deleted] They also got a new moderator to help ease the communication channel from the devs to the community. There is a language barrier, [deleted]

I haven't heard of any of the other games LH offers besides that Overclocked game, tried the demo. They're probably not use to this kind of influx of user feedback, good or bad.

Had to delete those two links to the LI pages. LI is a commercial games publisher and the links contained FAQs explaining how to purchase the game.

Ok sorry about that Moon. Thanks for the light spanking with the warning and not an infraction. :o

I'm still bummed you guys passed on publishing SF. It would of been a great match and a much better fit than the LH site. If I had to guess I would say it had something to do with the language barrier. I know you can't talk about it though.

No problem Field marshal, just wanna spread the word. It's not often we get a East Front tank sim, let alone two being released within weeks of each other.

Wow, now this guy is a hardcore Panzer lover. Thats one helluva project undertaking, 1:1 scale Tiger turret model.

http://www.panzerbasics.com/index_files/90-john/john-01.htm

No problem Field marshal, just wanna spread the word. It's not often we get a East Front tank sim, let alone two being released within weeks of each other.

Wow, now this guy is a hardcore Panzer lover. Thats one helluva project undertaking, 1:1 scale Tiger turret model.

http://www.panzerbasics.com/index_files/90-john/john-01.htm

Oh Allah!! That Tiger 1 is amazing! I hope he finishes it.

I can't get the demo to run? Tried unzipping the files into a folder, but there's no path in the zip, I looked in the readme's and saw a reference to a bin/rel folder and put the files in there but still no joy launching either shell.exe or starter.exe.

Any help appreciated! :)

I can't get the demo to run? Tried unzipping the files into a folder, but there's no path in the zip, I looked in the readme's and saw a reference to a bin/rel folder and put the files in there but still no joy launching either shell.exe or starter.exe.

Any help appreciated! :)

After you unzip the files(default folder name is SF-ENG-Demo)just run the setup.exe to install the demo. The setup.exe is right there in the unzipped folder along with bin, data, docs, and root folders. There's no need to dig around into any folders.

Yeah I did try the demo awhile back, it's surprisingly good considering it was released over a year ago. Looking forward to the finished version.

Aha, I must have the wrong demo then, no folders created on unzip and no setup.exe to run an install, will try again. Many thanks for the heads up mate

No problem. Btw, in case you haven't found it already, I posted a link to the English demo in my initial post. Along with other previews and videos.

On that note, here's a small

expansion pack already in the works.

Nonetheless, I'm convinced, already put in my pre-order. :)

FYI: Here's a very positive Armchair General preview. Yet another good sign for this tank sim.

Also the game has been delayed about a month, the new release date is Dec.5th. Here is the gone gold announcement:

Today leading video game publisher Lighthouse Interactive and developers Discus Games and Graviteam announced that Steel Fury: Kharkov 1942 - their highly realistic historical tank simulator - has achieved gold master status.

The game will be available online at the Lighthouse Shop as of today. The UK, Scandinavian and direct download release has been set for 5th December, with German and French releases planned for Q1-2009.

The events of Steel Fury: Kharkov 1942 are based on a little-known Russian offensive that occurred during May 1942, in which a German counterattack had three Soviet armies surrounded, forcing them to fight their way out of the Barvenkovskiy Kotel ‘meat grinder'.

Too bad my PC will probably choke and vomit trying to run this game, or any other new game for that matter. The time for a new PC is rapidly approaching. ;)

Wow, so much for that Dec. 5th release date, perhaps that's for us NA customers. I pre-ordered a copy myself from GoGamer.com so we'll see how quickly I get it. I noticed in the LH forums someone else in Denmark got their copy today too. The guy is very happy with it.

Anyways, tell us what you think.