3-color DCUs, Woodland Camo fatigues in development

As attested to in another thread, I am currently working on woodland camo and 3 color desert uniforms and equipment for US Army and Marines.

So far I have the uniform and helmets to show to you.

Features:

- Texture simulates 50% cotton / 50% nylon ripstop summer BDUs / DCUs (helmet cover is cotton and not ripstop).

- Every detail (3D mesh allowing) and stitch line included - way more detail than the default game textures have. That includes simulating separate pieces of fabric - the default game texture is one big piece of material.

- Modular organization of graphics: I have the stitches in one file, the bump map in another, etc. What this means: Once finished, I can plug in any camo pattern and quickly have it ready. Want desert chocolate chip? Urban camo? Polka dots? After I am finished, they can be made quickly and easily if you provide me with a decent quality, tileable piece of the camo.

Drawbacks inherent to the 3D mesh:

The leg cargo pockets will look a little funny, since they must conform to the - ACU pocket dimensions.

- The arm and calf pockets will appear as little knobs sticking out of the uniform, but they really aren't that bad.

- There is some distortion inherent to the 3D mesh, but it is usually in areas that you don't view often anyways.

Great! Looking forward to this one. :)

Don't want to offend the grogs, but how about resizing the leg pockets to fit the model better? If that's possible.

That's what I will be doing. They will look like woodland ACU pockets. (The ones currently on display haven't had that done to them yet)

I have been busy busy busy. I added more patterns!:

Woodland

MARPAT Woodland (A revised, better version of what I previously had)

3-color desert

6-color chocolate chip desert

Urban Camo

Marine Urban Camo

That funky desert anti night vision camo from Desert Storm

(Not shown) Flight suit modified into a CQB suit in black, tan, green, navy blue

These all come with various optional combinations of pockets.

87955257lt7.jpg

I am also making other accessories for the fashionable warrior:

Speedlace infantry combat boot (almost complete)

Green + black jungle boots

Green / black / tan nomex flight gloves (complete)

Green / tan / brown / black balaclavas (complete)

Faces painted with camo

Improved version of the coverless helmet I had released

I will also release the photoshop files onto CMMODS as a "build-your-own-mod" kit. Since all of the modifications possible for each bmp is in the same file, you can mix and match at will.

Really impressive!

btw. that weird grid-like green camo, is that the anti-NV camo? And was it really used (and worked?).

Yes it is. It was trialed in Desert Storm, but was dropped because of (as far as I know) inconsistent results and improving NV tech. I just happen to think it looks cool. :D

Bump maps added:

94048136dr5.jpg

I just need to apply the patterns to vest and MOLLE.

I am probably going to release the uniforms and helmets later today, as they6 are ready to go.

Unfortunately, I have to ditch the customization options near the shoulder, as the 3D model greatly warps any textures in that area.

I have new set of camo patterns in the works:

Iraqi Police 1 (A digital MARPAT in blue)

Iraqi Police 2 (Blue-colored Urban)

ACUPAT

Arid MARPAT

Multicam

CADPAT Woodland

CADPAT Arid

DPM Woodland

DPM Arid

Since I've already done the legwork, they can be done pretty quickly.