Crash every time I finish mission 8 of the vanilla campaign

There's a mission (eighth or ninth I think) in the vanilla CMSF campaign which requires you to clear out a series of buildings and a small village. I don't have any problems loading this mission, or saving within it, but every time I complete the mission the game hangs and will not load the next mission.

I first encountered the problem with 1.08, and had hoped that the 1.10 patch might sort it, but no luck. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both CMSF and the Marines module.

Any suggestions on what might be going wrong? I'd really like to be able to finish the campaign some time! :)

System stuff if it helps: I'm running Vista (64bit) HP with SP1, Intel Q9450, 8Gb, GeForce 9800GTX.

np Normal Dude! :)

Where does it crash? If it's on the loading bar then it might be worth leaving it running for a while longer. I've often thought my game has crashed here as it sometimes takes an age to load.

It is at the loading bar, yes - it gets to 2% and then sticks there (I tried leaving it for half an hour or so just in case :( ). The music doesn't play, and if I alt-tab into Windows I see a message saying that the application has crashed.

The event log says "Faulting application CM Shock Force.exe, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x48c66b38, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x00000000, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0xffffffff, process id 0xd60, application start time 0x01c92be27efdecd9."

0xc0000005 seems to indicate a memory access problem, but I would have thought that if the problem was a memory access error of some kind then it would occur more randomly, but the game works fine apart from that one mission. I'm confident there's no hardware problem with the memory.

There's a mission (eighth or ninth I think) in the vanilla CMSF campaign which requires you to clear out a series of buildings and a small village. I don't have any problems loading this mission, or saving within it, but every time I complete the mission the game hangs and will not load the next mission.

same here, its Mission 11: Night Stalkers (clean buildings ,TF Lightning Vanilla Campaign).

after completing this Mission and proceding in the Battlereport Screen the Game crashes at 2% Loading Bar and creates a generic Windows crash Message.

tried reinstalling, setting graphics low, nothing works.

I am using a paradox retail release with battlefront downloaded marines module, no mods.

Got a antivirus?

not the Solution, deactivated it and still have the error, also no virus infections if you mean that, redownloading the client also not worked.

the only solution i found out moments ago is to declare a surrender and get a total defeat. After that it succesfully load and proceed with mission 12: dagger fight.

cheers

Thank you! I never thought to just surrender - fortunately I had the game saved immediately prior to the end of the mission (having pretty much killed off all the defenders) so even "surrendering" wasn't too bitter a pill to swallow, and now I can play the rest of the campaign. Thanks everyone.

(I don't feel keen on trawling through the Vista registry right this moment :) I'd probably break something)