Problem with Marines Campaign

OK, has anyone actually managed to take Route 1 through the Mountains, and NOT do the Objective Pooh battle? I've both won and lost Route Recce, Total Victory and Total Defeat, and I go to Objective Pooh every time.

is through the mountains the left hand branch? I went left and this got me through to obj Pooh.

I tried to go to the right, lost the mission and got objective Pooh.

MINOR SPOILER:

In the Objective Pooh battle, Fox company spawns directly in reach of the enemies' anti tank weapons. I cannot react quickly enough, I always lose at least one armored truck.

Someone experienced the same?

FMB et al, yes, I found myself in Pooh (so to speak) when I was expecting to find myself in mountain scenery.

Garm, yes I experienced that. The trick is (slightly cheating, but only because my game crashed and lost the save so I had to start again more than once) to take out the ATGMs before Fox Company arrive. The main ATGMs responsible (ie that have LOS) will have revealed themselves earlier. You do still need to move Fox immediately though, as other enemy units will move into LOS positions.

I tried to go to the right, lost the mission and got objective Pooh.

MINOR SPOILER:

In the Objective Pooh battle, Fox company spawns directly in reach of the enemies' anti tank weapons. I cannot react quickly enough, I always lose at least one armored truck.

Someone experienced the same?

yeh I also lot a truck to that =( guess you need to hunt down those ATGM teams early!

Trust me guys, that was not my intent. I moved Fox around several times to find what I thought was a safe location. In their initial location, on the road, they would die to a man if you didn't do anything with them.

Thanks for the answer.

Well, after I lost the truck, I moved them to the right edge of the map, about where the first wave of reinforcements spawned. They were safe there. Maybe I should have hunted down the anti tank teams first, but I have a pretty slow style of playing, especially in that mission where death seems to lurk behind every corner.

"where death seems to lurk behind every corner."

Now that WAS my intention.:D

Well, mission accomplished I would say ;-)

I really like the scenario, just this spawning thing was a bit unnerving. By the way, but that has more to do with air support than mission design: It would be nice if you could designate more than one target to air support. If there are several tanks standing close to each other, you can choose between "strike target" which will destroy one tank and "area target", which will maybe destroy several tanks.

SgtMuhammed, Pooh ranks amongst the very best battles I've played. Very tough, epic, and shows the Marines and update off to great effect. The enemy fights like a demon, and the ambushes and sneaky positionings you've set up are masterful. I love it.

Still haven't completed though due to tech issues (see thread in the Tech Forum). Really hoping for a resolution to the problem because I'm enjoying the battle immensely and really want to complete it and move on in the campaign.

I had the same problem. I chose to go through the mountains and so went left. Made my way there and finished with a tactical victory. Then went to obj pooh and hwy 3. So i went back and tried again, same result. Then i went back and immediately had a cease fire and got a tactical defeat and again went to obj pooh...

Anyone have any luck gettting to the mountains?

steve-o

• 2 weeks later...