Radical Solution

I purchased my copy of CMSF from Gamersgate last year and apart from a day or two's delay receiving the new patches, I haven't had any problems with the game until now. After the hugely frustrating wait for the module to arrive, you can imagine how disappointed I was to find that after installing it, the game became completely unplayable. I really can't see this problem getting fixed for a few days, and certainly not this weekend. that means that I'm forced NOT to play CMSF until this problem is fixed.

Now, since the vast majority of you all appear to be jumping with glee over the new game, I'm seriously considering uninstalling the whole thing from my hard drive and buying the game again directly from BFC but there's one more thing I need to do before resorting to this. I have Vista 64 Home Premium. If there are any of you out there who are runnng the mage fine with Vista 64, then please le me know. I'd be utterly pissed off if it's a Vista incompatability problem rather than a gamersgate problem.

I'm having the same problems as you are, Paper Tiger -- and I bought my version of Marines directly from Battlefront. I see no reason to believe that buying the Battlefront version would do you any good.

It appears we're both out of luck. I'm upset about it too. I've been very excited about this game, and now I cannot use the Marines module, or even access the old CMSF.

I reported everything I know in the Tech Support forum. I have a feeling that they're going to tell me that it was a bad install or something like that as I don't get the option to play Iron Man. What the solution to this problem might be? I have no idea.

However, I have made a backup of all my scenario files and have completely uninstalled the game from my hard drive (after unlicensing the Marines module). I will attempt a fresh install once the new download from gamersgate is complete and see if that helps although I'm not counting on it. Since I can't play the game at all, it can't hurt to try something radical.

Here's hoping. It's a good job my wife was out shopping when I started having these problems as the emotional pyrotechnics were pretty impressive. She doesn't like to see me angry.

Anyways, if this solves the problem I'll be very glad that I exersized some restraint and desisted from posting anything 'unhelpful' :D

I just want to report that after reinstalling everything, it's working beautifully. I now have nine days of holiday left to get to grips with the new game (It's the end of Ramadan on Momday so Indonesia's closed). But for tonight, it's movie time with the wife. Thanks for the heads up to all you guys.

Cheers

PT

Good news! We're never, ever happy when an instal gets buggered up like that. It's almost always outside of our control, yet of course nobody is happy about the results. Which is why I scoff at the idea of ever giving up my Mac. The best way to avoid crazy Windows installation problems is to not install Windows software :D

Steve