Marines crashes at startup

Sent. The problem is certainly hotmail here. You need to add sales@battlefront.com to your hotmail address book. hotmail, gmail and a bunch of the other free mail services tend to be really restrictive with regard to automated emails (such as password reminders etc.) with URL links and so forth, and putting the address you expect an email from into your address book often helps.

Okay, I'm getting the same problem with the game. I have both the Marines icon and the v1.1 displayed on my screen and I can select Marines missions but the mission crashes very quickly.

I have Vista 64 Home Premium and an NVidea 8600GT graphics card. I'm in the process of downloading the new drivers so we'll see if that helps in about 20-30 minutes.

I purchased my copy of CMSF from Gamersgate.

I can't open the Scenario Editor. The game crashes instantly.

Missions crash wihin 0-3 minutes of starting. The crash is often triggered by me left clicking on one of my units. I get the generic, this program has stopped working CMSF.exe message and the game ends.

I have tried playing a Marines mission and it crashed during set up when I clicked on a truck.

I also experienced multiple crashes after attempting to playtest one of my Hasrabit missions.

I don't have the option to play Iron Man, it's just Basic Training, veteran and Elite.

Paper Tiger, Rokossovski, are you guys using any mods? I experienced very similar symptoms to these when a new patch was released several months ago, and the culprit was a mod that modified the file "strings.txt". It seems that file was updated in the patch, but the mod essentially overwrote it with an older version. And so, whenever I clicked on a unit, the game crashed immediately. Hope this helps.

FANTASTIC!! FANTASTIC!!

It was the Syrian AF mod. I deleted that and started the game up, the Iron level showed up and now (five minutes in) everything's just fine and dandy! No need to update drivers.

(Not only that, but because I was a 'good' boy and packed in last night like I was told, g/f gave me special rewards!! If it had worked straight out've the box I'd have played into the early hours and probably be homeless now. That old guy in the sky sure does work in mysterious ways!).

Thanks for the help, guys. Beers all round!

Mod authors will need to update their mods because the strings.txt file has been changed in the new Version 110.brz fle. They should be able to extract the new file from the updated brz file and remake their old mods to accomodate the new changes.

I have updated the readme file to mention this.

If you launch a battle with the Marines Module and DON'T see the Iron skill level listed, thats a clear indication that you have a mod installed that needs to be removed/updated in order for the game to work without crashing.

Madmatt