Peng is Challenged Searching for Seanachai.

Welcome Fellow Travelers and Publicans. Long live the Thread! (and Emrys' pacemaker)

If you are new here, lurking, wondering WTF is going on here. GO AWAY.

You Outerboarders and SSNs are grotesque and as common as dirt. SO JUST GO AWAY.

We have very high standards for membership here at Club Peng. [Muffled laughter from back of room]

Speak loudly with wit and purpose, or charm or ...anything to prove your not the mouth breathing, knuckle dragger you most definitely are. It's obvious to us, So just GO AWAY.

If you have the self awareness of a lamp shade. GO AWAY.

If you enjoy mumbling to yourself and text messaging the voices in your head. GO AWAY!

Respect the Ladies of the Thread. (Even the redheads)

Do not mention 'thingies'. Yours, theirs...No exceptions.

SOD OFF!

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking as one, who is a newb, who has the self awareness of a lamp shade, and has no clue what a peng challange is, who certianly wonders WTF is going on here, could someone enlighten me?

BIG mistake.

in my honest opinion, if you become a part of it, you've already lost. But do give these old timers a listen and FLEE FOR YOU LIFE.

or for your self-esteem, at least.

What the **** is this?!

flammenwerfter decides all on his own to start up the Thread (what a cute little monkey! Hand me the taser...you get so much more for the bush meat if you stun them in place, and don't kill them until you get to market), and then trick or treaters show up saying 'Is this Oz?!'

I can't be having with this. Who are these idjits? It's like I've come in here for a drink, and the fecking Keebler Elves are doing a retrospective.

Where the feck are the adults?!

...could someone enlighten me?

We could. Probably however no one here will consider you worth the effort. But if you manage to make yourself useful (not at all likely, you understand), you might catch the eye of one of the resident perverts who will condescend to beat you mercilessly until you start to get the idea. It will be the wrong idea of course because you are an SSN—which means utterly clueless—so you will have to be beaten mercilessly at an even more furious pace. You'd better pray that you discover a strong masochistic streak in yourself.

Michael

Speaking as one, who is a newb, who has the self awareness of a lamp shade, and has no clue what a peng challange is, who certianly wonders WTF is going on here, could someone enlighten me?

The Peng Challenge Thread is where Reality goes to have a quiet word with itself.

In this Thread, you will encounter those who have lived long enough, posted long enough, and read enough to know that to wade through the ocean of most posts would hardly get your feet wet.

We are the Forgotten. We are the Ignored. We have seen it all, read it all, and shat upon much of it. Many of us have been here since the earliest days. We have been in huge fecking fights on the General Forum, in the old days, when you could still discuss politics there. We have endlessly discussed the Game, not always to its credit, and count amongst our members play-testers, scenario designers, and any number of other unemployable halfwits.

Horrible people have posted here. Horrible people continue to post here.

We are no longer relevant. History has left us behind. We should all be dead.

But we know one thing that most others have either forgotten, or never known.

History is cyclical.

So we continue to continue. We sit in the Wasteland, and we pass the bottle. We know that one day, we will once again be needed.

Or not.

Hell, as long as the whisky is good, and the company is there, and the sparks of the fire fly up to heaven, who gives a randy good goddamn about anything else, eh?

But there is this about History. It seems to move in huge circles.

Thank you, laddie, but I should point out that I am the pacemaker. THE pacemaker.

That is all.

Michael

Not to be confused with the Peacemaker - that's Stuka's role.

Also, not to be confused with the Pacecar - that's MrPeng's role.

Definitely, not to be confused with the Packhorse - that's Joe's role.

Most certainly, not to be confused with the Pacifier - that's stoat's toy.

And don't go near the Paddock - that's Yeknodthon's home.

Don't write about the Paddle - that's Seanachai's thing.

Whatever you do, don't mention your Package - no one wants to read about it.

When The Thread goes over 300 posts, it gets the Padlock - that's Battlefront's role.

Me? I'm in it for the Pad Thai.

History is cyclical.

[circumnavigating around the Paddock on a unicycle]

... or dialectical. Trust a sodding Merkin not to know their sodding Hegel or, praise be his name, sodding Marx.

UP THE PROLETARIAT, TO THE BARRICADES, AT 'EM WITH THE ICE PICKS, PEACE, LAND, SPROUTS!

[crashing into the fence with the onset of the fall of Capitalism]

Went to Lar's place this weekend. He had a good turn-out; quite a lot of nice, extremely drunk people there. I remember, in particular, one guy coming to sit down by the bonfire, and telling Lars 'Do you know, there's some guy sleeping on your front lawn'?

And Lars told him, "Oh, yeah, that's Todd. He didn't make it home, yet".

Mound, Minnesota, ladies and gentlemen.

If you've never been there, you should plan next year's vacation NOW, to take advantage of the early bird rates.

The couches were all full when I left. Truly a blessing. I had the roads all to myself when I buggered off.

[circumnavigating around the Paddock on a unicycle]

... or dialectical. Trust a sodding Merkin not to know their sodding Hegel or, praise be his name, sodding Marx.

UP THE PROLETARIAT, TO THE BARRICADES, AT 'EM WITH THE ICE PICKS, PEACE, LAND, SPROUTS!

[crashing into the fence with the onset of the fall of Capitalism]

Hegel isn't buying the next round, and Marx NEVER bought a round, the bastard.

Capitalism can fall, and be damned. End of an American Dream, and all.

Buy us a beer, donkey, eh?! C'mon, pony up!

[... and with a polyphonic anthem, just as one might hear as a Roman hero enters the gates, both nostrils fribillate at tremendous oscillations pouring forth a tribute so musically complex, rousing and... loud]

honkety-hoooooonk, honk honk, honk honk, honkhonkhonkhonkhonkhonkeeeeeeeee HONK HONK

HONNNNNNNNNNNNNK

Behold! ZEITGNOME

Went to Lar's place this weekend. He had a good turn-out; quite a lot of nice, extremely drunk people there. I remember, in particular, one guy coming to sit down by the bonfire, and telling Lars 'Do you know, there's some guy sleeping on your front lawn'?

And Lars told him, "Oh, yeah, that's Todd. He didn't make it home, yet".

Mound, Minnesota, ladies and gentlemen.

If you've never been there, you should plan next year's vacation NOW, to take advantage of the early bird rates.

The couches were all full when I left. Truly a blessing. I had the roads all to myself when I buggered off.

Best part was, he's the guy who made the pot brownies.

Hah, hoisted by his own Betty Crocker! Or somfink…

Challenge someone (note the one, do not challenge all) to a game, then revil their leet gaming skills.

Tis not your fault laddie, a relatively recent member wrote the Rules. He shall be back to toting the piss bucket at this rate.