Cmmods

cabal23

I am just curious how many people use CMMODS? I just wonder why so few people leave feedback? I think it is crazy that 200+ people could download your stuff and four of them leave feedback. I don't think people think much about how long it takes someone to make a scenario, let alone a CAMPAIGN. I have been making an effort to go back and start rating everything I have downloaded, because quite frankly there is good and bad stuff on there and I don't want to download everything. Also I want the designer to know I appreciated his work and to keep on churning out great stuff. New scenarios are why I have been playing this game for as long as I have. I recommend everyone to do this because it makes the game grow. Not many designers want to keep making scenarios if they think people don't like them. So make sure when you download something of somebodies, at least rate it. You don't have write a book, but some feedback helps designers know what people like and what to keep investing their time into. This gaming community rocks so I want it to keep growing.

Agreed. One of many great things about SF, and the CM engine, is the way it inspires creativity among so many of its players, who then turn out great scenarios, campaigns and mods for other players, like me, to enjoy.

I've left feedback on CMMODS, generally for the scenarios I've enjoyed playing. I don't particularly like leaving negative feedback, even though it may be constructive, so tend to respond mainly to those that are, in my opinion, the best. Having said that, I know there are some scenarios and mods that I have simply forgotten to rate. So apologies to those I've neglected.

In other instances I've left feedback here on the forum when the designer has announced his/her creation.

I know that scenario and mod design take a lot of time and effort, and I very much appreciate the work that other players have put in.

I'd also like to add my thanks to Todd/cozog, the creator of CMMODS itself. CMMODS has been around for a few years now, and I've got a lot out of it, as I know others have. It can be slow at times, but it remains an invaluable resource for CM fans.

So I, too, would encourage users to rate the scenarios and mods they've downloaded. And if your feedback can't be positive, at least try to make it constructive in a way that helps the designer to know what he/she might do to improve it.

I guess I should take this opportunity to thank the people that run CMMODS, and the designer George Mc in particular. He has absolutely proven to me that their is a mech company out there somewhere that goes to bed every night THANKING GOD that I am not their commander, and therefore they are still alive to pray.

I agree that it would be nice if folks would take a little time to give the designer some POSITIVE feedback and negative only where it actually can help. However, occassionally you get something like this...

good maps, but that's about it.,the designer will block every possible way to the objective, just to lead you ( by swamps, walls, etc) to the ambush where a crack platoon and elite tank will blow you away.some people call it fun.,dear desingers- infantry do cross swamp, and walls!!!

:confused:

That was a 1 rated review the Hasrabit campaign got from some joker called jkob. It was immediately obvious to me that this guy had never played the thing as that review doesn't describe a single mission in the game or indeed ANY mission that I've ever designed.

So yes, I'd like to see more responsible mature adults reviewing things at CMMODS. :D

I once counted how many mods I uploaded (not downloaded) to cmmods.com and I think I passed over 250. And that was a couple years ago. Cmmods.com is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Still, even I hardly ever get around to posting comments there. I don't know why. They're the place for uploading and downloading, here's the place for commenting/kvetching.

Might as well make a blanket statement while I'm on the subject - I've LOVED 90%+ of the 3rd party scenarios I've downloaded from there. the remaining 10% I've only really-really liked ;)

Any ideas why the add comment button does nothing when I click it??

CMMODS doubles or triples the value of the game. What more can I say?

Yep. I'd say it has done more than that for me. While the stock missions are mostly fun, the quality of many of the user made missions is wonderful. New levels of creativity have been achieved there. Good job designers! And thanks.