Looking for an old scenario

Ted

I am looking for a scenario I played a long time ago, I believe it was in a tournament.

I'm not sure if it was CMBO or CMAK.

I hope one of you old timers may recognize it

It took place a night, I believe it was British or American paratroopers vs. German Inf or Para's.

There was a bridge in the middle of the map.

It seemed almost every turn there were reinforcements to both sides all over the map, this side of the river then that side of the river, in front, then behind, which led to some real chaos.

It was great fun. :)

Would anybody have any idea of the scenario I refer to?

Hi Kingfish, been a long time.

I did a search over at the Scenario Depot with no luck.

I googled CMBO Invitational and found a page where WineCape provided a link to the "Infamous CMBO Invitational" but unfortunately it doesn't work anymore.

Can you point me in the right direction for the CMBO archives?

Ted,

Am probably going to make a hash of the title, but I think you're talking about Melon Valley (Valle di Meloni?) or something along those lines. The American ground forces are attacking up one hemmed in road, against Germans in depth, and Airborne is to take the bridge and hold it until relieved. A very hairy battle I fought against Ace Pilot!

Regards,

John Kettler

Nope, that wasn’t it.

I hate to give any spoilers but…..

It as a smallish map divided down the middle by a river with a single bridge. I believe there was a house next to the bridge on both sides.

It was at night.

Forces started on both sides of the river and contact was made immediately.

I believe it was Allied AB and Axis Heer.

From then on in it was chaos.

Every other turn each side would be reinforced at different locations on the map and not at all on the edge.

You never knew which way to turn. All of a sudden there were enemy troops right in the middle chewing everything up until you routed and the next turn you would receive reinforcements yards away(but out of LOS in the dark) and re-overrun the position you were kicked out of.

At one point the Axis received an armored car which seemed difficult to knock out until the Allies received armed jeeps where at night you could just run up right behind the armored car, ram it from behind and knock it out with the .50 cal.

In one set of reinforcements the Allies received an AT gun only to find out several turns later the Axis received a MkIV.

It was constant run, overrun and over overrun.

It wasn’t terribly realistic but it was great stuff. :D

I think I had eggs with Canadian bacon, toast and coffee for breakfast ;)

Nope, that wasn’t it.

I hate to give any spoilers but…..

It as a smallish map divided down the middle by a river with a single bridge. I believe there was a house next to the bridge on both sides.

It was at night.

Forces started on both sides of the river and contact was made immediately.

I believe it was Allied AB and Axis Heer.

From then on in it was chaos.

Every other turn each side would be reinforced at different locations on the map and not at all on the edge.

You never knew which way to turn. All of a sudden there were enemy troops right in the middle chewing everything up until you routed and the next turn you would receive reinforcements yards away(but out of LOS in the dark) and re-overrun the position you were kicked out of.

At one point the Axis received an armored car which seemed difficult to knock out until the Allies received armed jeeps where at night you could just run up right behind the armored car, ram it from behind and knock it out with the .50 cal.

In one set of reinforcements the Allies received an AT gun only to find out several turns later the Axis received a MkIV.

It was constant run, overrun and over overrun.

It wasn’t terribly realistic but it was great stuff. :D

I think I had eggs with Canadian bacon, toast and coffee for breakfast ;)

Definetly Primasole bridge, or whatever the name given to the scenario that depicted that battle. I should know, I was a sub for the tournament and took over for a player that bailed out midway thru. I want to say it was the Invitational, but then again it could have been the not-so-superbowl. Definetly not ROW. I also remember a scenario that tried to depict the battle of Kasserine pass, at night no less, and one involving a town snowed in with Brit and German recon elements.

Your mention of the Mark IV convinced me. In my game I was the Axis and the guy I took over left the tactical situation a complete F-up. Routed squads everywhere. Anyway, I kept in the fight, and mentioned to my opponent how surprised I was auto surrender didn't kick in, such was my situation. As it turns out the late arriving Mk IV was the reason, and why I went on to eek out a draw.

Yes S.O. and a galaxy far far away.

That one stuck with me over these many years.

I thought I'd take a shot but can't seem to find it anywhere though.

Nice try.

I was going to use it on a new tournament at the Band of Brothers site.

Maybe I'll make that up from memory in CMAK and convert two or three other CMBO scenarios and using the Nabla system start a tournament down the line sometime.

Maybe call it the Nostalgia Tournament or somefink ;)

I think the scenario being described is David Ingelet's Pirmosole Night, and it can be found in the Italian section of the sorted scenarios over at CMMODS. Go to cmmods.com, go to the CMAK section, go to designer search, go to Philippe_in_exile, not sure the next step but you probably need to click on other, and you'll see a list of about a dozen zip files which are a collection of older CMAK files sorted by theater. One of them has all the Italian and Sicilian files. Rename your old scenario folder and make a new scenario folder and unzip the Italian scenarios into it. If this isn't the one because it went by another name, you shouldn't have too much trouble finding it, providing it took place in Sicily or Italy, and not in France or North Africa.

Nope. Primisole Night is a very large map and set in Italy.

I'm pretty sure the scenario I am looking for was in France and on a small map.

Thanks anyway for your help. All suggestions are welcome.

Besides I'm finding a host of other interesting scenarios. :)

The other thing that comes to mind, if it was France, took place at night, and involved paratroopers trying to secure a bridge, would be a scenario about Pegasus Bridge.

There's a scenario about Pegasus Bridge in the Sorted Scenarios for CMAK. The name of the scenario is very descriptive but not very original: Pegasus Bridge. It's in French (probably from Appui-Feu), but I haven't played it to see if, by any chance, it's a CMAK update of a similar scenario for CMBO.

If this doesn't do it for you, just go through the Normandy and France/Germany sections of the CMAK sorted scenarios until you find what you're looking for.