Israeli army (IDF) mod?

I'm only playing CMSF, nor a designer or anything,

but i really think that an israeli army should be in this game.

Israel is fighting for years agains syria and the hizbulla gerilla supported

by iran and syria. in 2006 summer israeli launched a big operation agains

hizbulla in lebanon on the northern israeli border.

the idf has it's own israel's made tanks (merkava mk I,II,III,IIII), and other

vehicles and systems. ("gil" for ex, AT missle like the javelin).

i don't know if it;s possible to add tanks and vehicles to CMSF,

but if someone is interesting, i can give all the information needed, incl' spec, pics, units and modes of operation.

is it possible?

post-29207-141867620679_thumb.jpg

post-29207-141867620679_thumb.jpg

post-29207-14186762068_thumb.jpg

Yeah, Israeli and French are two very interesting armies than never get any love from game developers. Both are very relevant with Middle Eastern theme, certainly more so than Germans, Dutch and Canadians (3rd module). Being Canadian myself and having served, I have to admit that we have NOTHING interesting to simulate AFV wise, and the most advanced anti-tank asset that i had used (and seen for that matter) was the peak of 1960s technology - Carl Gustav (in 2006). I can't imagine Dutch being much better...

As for modding part - as is such coversion is not possible. All units in the game are hardcoded, so nothing can be really changed with exception of textures, unit voices, UI icons and other cosmetic alterations.

jkobmadrid,

In the biggest clash, 90 IAF fighters, with every advantage in the book including real time observation of Syrian takeoffs, against 60 Syrian fighters. Details are here in this excellent Rand analysis.

Moscow's Lessons from the 1982 Lebanon Air War

BS Lambeth, United States, A Force - 1984 - wwwcgi.rand.org

Page 1. Swats. Moscow's Lessons from the 1982 Lebanon Air War Benjamin S.

Lambeth Page 2. The research reported here was sponsored ...

Regards,

John Kettler

thanx john, it is nice to know there is such a book.

a quete from the study, added by the americans:"What made the critical difference was the IAF's (Israeli air force) constant retention of the anitiative

and it's clear superiority in leadership,organisation, tactical adroitness and adaptability".

anyhow, the records are 100 to none in the whole lebanon war.

this made syria to change the strategy, abandoning the air for ground to ground missle strategy, and a defensive approache.

jkobmadrid,

In the biggest clash, 90 IAF fighters, with every advantage in the book including real time observation of Syrian takeoffs, against 60 Syrian fighters. Details are here in this excellent Rand analysis.

Moscow's Lessons from the 1982 Lebanon Air War

BS Lambeth, United States, A Force - 1984 - wwwcgi.rand.org

Page 1. Swats. Moscow's Lessons from the 1982 Lebanon Air War Benjamin S.

Lambeth Page 2. The research reported here was sponsored ...

Regards,

John Kettler

Whilst I don't agree with the statement that the IDF would be cooler than the Brit module there is a clear case for the whole Arab Israeli thing over the years - points of reference and equipment and TO&Es that covers the period from the late '40s until now. That would be great and I'd love to see it. Also I think Battlefront may have the terrain sorted already