Better visual damage representation

I was wondering if the engine could support things like blown off turrets, charred marks on places where penetration or hit occured, knocked out hulls becoming darkened after burning for some time, black burned out marks on buldings after tank and IFV fire

Mostly visual effects, but seeing a turret fly off T-72 (and fall on a bulding destrying it)would be pretty awesome. Would be interesting to spot "survivor" tanks after the game with multiple hit marks as well.

From a similar thread showing some of the TOW game's destruction.

We are indeed looking at improving the damage effects of vehicles in particular. As Mord and others have pointed out, TOW has a lot of great stuff going on there.

Steve 03/12/2008

My fingers are crossed for WWII.

Mord.

I appreciate what you're saying but when a wagon is whacked ... its whacked and you know it is. Add up all the other 'asks' on this forum and its going to be bottom of the pile because it does fundamentally what it says on the tin.

Compare it to .... well name your gripe really - Battlefront will probably try and fix those first.

It's my understanding from playing OFP over the years, and following its amazing modding community (as far as I'm concerned, the FFUR and MCM-SLX are MUST try overhauls), and from following numerous technical debates, that tanks are far less likely to blow their turrets off than they used to due to how they're constructed now. The overwhelming majority of those who are supposedly "in the know" (vets, enlisted tank crewmen, etc.) are pretty adamant that the days of seeing turrets popping off are over.