• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sami I already bought it and downloaded it last night. I was more excited about your mod then the expansion itself :)

For Nupremal: I run a bunch or websites so my focus is always on useablility. My graphics are medocre at best but I try to make the function of the graphics more valuable in turns of ease of use. I prefer counters to 3-d images so I dont bother modding those. I did the same Mods for CEaW, and WW2:RtV. Here is a sample of the units I modded for 1939-historical.

This was done before I realized the Strat bombers were black.

http://www.dndadventure.com/stuff/unit_sprites_military.gif

If you do a world map I recommend this structure

http://www.dndadventure.com/stuff/world1.gif

But I think for best game performance for a world wide WW2 scenario I recommend this

http://www.dndadventure.com/stuff/world1.gif

The boxed in areas are where just about all the major engagements happened, save u-boats. The pacific will be scaled down (each hex 2x width and height in miles of europe). I know someone came out with a european double scale game that was similar. If you know the board game World in Flames you will see what I mean. This is their dimensions and they use off map areas and connecting sea zones to rep the rest of the world.

Here is a sample mini map of what I am talking about. A better scaled world map for WW2 scenarios. The european scale is like SC2 the pacific scale is like the World conflict game. the USA has movement lines for the panama canal. And you could also put zone boxes below africa to rep south africa, italian east africa, west africa and so on. I know I saw it in another scenario.

post-19635-141867620687_thumb.gif

Not a bad idea but too late for what I did - I think my solution is pretty nice. I may post it soon. The map is huge. Europe is about as big as the normal scenario - maybe slightly smaller - and the USA is connected but squeezed. Africa is gigantic as is Asia. Should be very nice I can't wait to finish it. I have not done Asia yet, and some of the stuff is still outlines. Europe is pretty much finished. I decided to mod the weather some as I think the weather in Europe is unduly harsh, and this way there won't be too much mud as there are plenty of good roads. That way I skipped most roads for Europe and will just add them in to the harsher areas of the map. Rails will be available throughout. I will be describing my Nations list soon.

List of Minor Nations in Alphabetical Order:

Australia & New Zealand

Baltic States

Belgium & Luxembourg

Bulgaria

Canada

Communist China

Denmark

Dutch East Indies

Egypt

Finland

Greece

Hungary

India

Iran

Iraq

Ireland

Italy

Manchukuo

Nationalist China

Netherlands

Norway

Philippines

Poland

Portugal

Rumania

Saudi Arabia

Siberia

South Africa

Spain

Sweden

Thailand

Turkey

Vichy Algeria

Vichy France

Vichy Indochina

Vichy Syria

Vichy Tunisia

Yugoslavia

No it will be one continuous Map from 72 latitude to -56 (128) x 256 longitude - with some of them being compressed to 2 per. -10 to 80 is at 1 to 1, as is 100 to 150 (roughly). That means most of Atlantic, American, and Pacific are "squeezed" but everything else is 1 degree by 1 degree. Of course North gets stretched too much but it helps with say Europe, and very far North doesn't matter much.

List of Minor Nations in Alphabetical Order

Seems you left France a major while dumping Italy to minor (in exchange for Japan as major I guess?). Why not leaving Italy and make France a minor?

Seems also you took Switzerland out of game. I prefer to leave them in, as during 1939-1940 Switzerland is an option for both Axis and Allies to go for. Depends on the scale though. Perhaps you could drop the Philippines instead or create Benelux and dump Netherlands?

I thought of all of that. The reason for France being a major is that without Paris, the Allies won't have a capital on the continent to connect to. Now, when they liberate Paris, it will help them. Otherwise I would have dropped France.

I don't really feel anyone should attack Switzerland so I kept it off-limits like in 3R.

I also picked Philippines and Egypt because otherwise you cannot make a convoy.

Also - what do you think about making Carriers a bit stronger - say in Naval Attack and maybe Carrier Attack - and/or perhaps giving them 2x strike capacity since they can be hindered by weather and otherwise have a greater capability to strike with air wings. I could restrict it to US/Japanese Carriers.

Good idea on the Swiss... defeating them and HOLDING it would have been a much bigger challenge than what you see in game. That country is probably the best naturally defended country in all of Europe.

As for CVs, I always thought they should get higher naval attack power. As for two strikes, I say no because they did not have a HUGE fighter wing compared to a land squadron so they surely do not have the same firepower certainly not better.

They are worse than BBs vs shore targets, and BBs are a tad over strength there. My main concern is Naval. I will experiment - starting with +1 Naval Attack should help - again, if they attack they are using Naval Attack and the opponent uses Carrier Defense? Carrier vs Carrier also seems too defense oriented, should be the other way around, lower defense vs. Carrier not higher.