Says cd-rom required with cd in drive!

Did the computer know it was in the drive? You need to allow time for the comp OS to realize its in there and acknowledge its presence. Then start CMBO. CMBO does require the CD to be in the drive at start up, after the game is running with a full install you can remove it. This is BTS minor copy protection scheme and has never given me trouble. Good luck.

My experience has been that CM will pick up the CD in any of the CD/DVD/etc. drives on a computer. I don't know if this holds true for every configuration, but I haven't had a problem with a 'particular' drive being required as of yet.

My guess, as already stated above, is that the drive hasn't had time to spin up with the CMBO CD. Several drives need a good number of seconds to actually let Windows know that a CD is loaded. After inserting the CD you can usually look at the drive's lights to see it access the CD. Once that has been done it should be safe to launch the game without running into the 'No CD' problem.

Hi guys. Been a LONG time since I've been around. This problem happens for me too. I have XP, got CM to run finally, but I can't play because it isn't recognizing my CD. This has never happened before. I gave it some time to run up, and I could even hear it spinning inside there, but it still refuses to run. Can anyone help me?

We've heard of this problem a couple of times before. Unfortunately there's no real, solid solution to this. What has worked for one person was to actually replace the CDROM drive. If you're really lucky you may have a CDROM drive that has updatable firmware. I've seen a couple (though not many) drives have firmware updates for XP. The problem is that hardly any standard CDROM drives have updatable firmware or the manufacturer hasn't created any (for those that would actually need it).

What model of CDROM/DVD/etc. do you have and do you know what the firmware revision is on it ? What motherboard and IDE controller (usually a part of the chipset, but occasionally it isn't) do you have the CDROM hooked up to ?

I don't think that BTS has heard anything about their copy protection scheme (a commercial piece of software to my knowledge) being incompatible with XP.