Wiccans and good luck

Why didn't she leave the sword in the foot? I thought that was correct procedure for sword wounds.

Yep. This was actually specifically covered by the guy who taught me sword work back when I first trained in stage combat and stunts -- If you really **** up, and someone gets stabbed, leave the object in the wound if at all possible, immobilize the person and the object as much as possible, and wait for the EMTs to arrive.

I don't imagine the instant woman particularly felt like standing there in the graveyard literally nailed to the spot until the EMTs arrived, tho. . .

mike_the_wino,

ISTR some similar emergency procedure was used in THE ANUBIS GATES by Tim Powers when magicians needed to ground themselves. Details very fuzzy because I read the book well over a decade ago.

YankeeDog,

Is Instant Woman an Acme product? Is she activated by the "just add water" method?

Regards,

John Kettler

Are you often finding yourself the recipient of pointy metally bits thrust at you? Who the hell carries 'QuickClot' outside of a warzone....or Detroit?

I think it might be fairly standard in first aid kits now, at least the bigger ones. We have it in our first aid kits at work, and it's just your standard office environment. We don't handle anything sharp and pointy except ink pens and the occasional scissors.

YankeeDog,

Is Instant Woman an Acme product? Is she activated by the "just add water" method?

Regards,

John Kettler

Well, I have known some women who were "activated" by water, esp. fast-moving jets of water, but that's a story for another time. . .

As regards to your instant question:

From the American Heritage Dictionary, entry for "Instant," use as an adjective, sense #3:

"Now under consideration, present."

For additional example, see above.