The major firms not using VISTA

Insider contacts report that neither Microsoft nor Intel is using VISTA on its own computers as the in-house OS. It's apparently okay, though, to foist it on the PC community and stop shipping XP. Can anyone else here confirm or deny the lead items? Does anyone here know any other major PC using (as opposed to Mac) firms not using VISTA?

Regards,

John Kettler

Stalin's Organist,

How about a relayed report from someone who works at MS? That's why I said "insider" in the lead line. That's specific as to source, but a major problem for MS to back trace. The link you provided is terrific and withering. About time someone publicly read MS the Riot Act! Loved it!

Regards,

John Kettler

I was somewhat recently a contractor there.

I think I was the only one not using vista on the desktop.

That was pre-release though.

Current M$ contacts use Vista desktop in house.

I seriously doubt the vast majority do not use it in house.

Server dudes, operations may not though. I have no knowledge of that.

If so I would not be suprised. I don't think the vista-ized server version is available yet is it?

I do know a small portion of their business operation runs on software

not available on windows. It's been like that forever. nothing to do with vista.

If so I would not be suprised. I don't think the vista-ized server version is available yet is it?

You mean 2008? Yeah its out, however hardware vendors are not keeping up with driver support. IIRC last time I was at Building 99 there was vista all over the place.