Help Don't Know What to Buy.

There is no version with all three games, but there is a bundle with the base game (Blitzkrieg) and the first expansion (Weapons and Warfare). You could get that and then Patton Drives East, the second and newest expansion, on top of that. If you do it until July 31st, you'll also get the 30% summer sale off.

Martin

In hindsight I would go with SC2 WaW, more features, most of the mods from SC2 have been adapted, just more bang for your buck.

They say the AI for WaW is quite good also, if that's your forte'. No doubt the human opponent versions are outstanding, although some of the customs need play balancing, excepting maybe Bill's(pzgndr) ATR variant, but you can always play a mirror.

The reason is like a five course meal it IS the latest serving, LOL and I have been Gaming for 33 years I started when I was 16 and have had over 600 board games and over 300 computer games, PDE does the absolute best in AI, and the Mods that I have seen are the best I at this moment do not know if the computer can be beaten with a +2 expiriance and 100% setting on Mr. Whites monster European scenario {without gamey moves}

Hats off to Hubert foe making a real game that is better than War in Europe SPI, and Gives World in Flames ADG a great run for the money!

Hubert if you are ever in DFW the meal and margaritas are on me!!!

I'll offer one shameless plug for SC2-PDE. If you're interested in the classic Third Reich game, my Advanced Third Reich mod is updated to PDE. IMHO it plays much better with the new decision events, global variables and AI improvements; I do not intend to go back to WAW.

AFAIK, Hubert is still considering updating the classic SC2 campaigns to PDE. If and when that happens, PDE would definitely be the way to go.

The PDE AI is superior.

Since pzgndr has made his WW2 mod for PDE I say go for PDE, this way you have the best AI and his mod is amazing. I prefer it to the default WW2 scenario that comes with the game (sorry Hubert ;) ).

Also, Edwin is working on a WW1 scenario that will be for PDE only and Edwin is a VERY VERY miticulate modder so expect a thourough and complete game.

So I guess I changed my mind, hehe.

So are you guys saying the AI is better in later expansions of the game? I mean if I buy SC2 and WAW I won't get the best AI opponent?? Isn't the AI part of the core game? Or is it updated in different versions?

StellarRat,

While the core AI routines are mostly the same, it is true that with each new release the AI has been improved and expanded with newer scripting options. For example the Weapons and Warfare AI was a big jump over the original SC2 Bltizkrieg release and if the European Theater is your main focus of interest I would say that you cannot go wrong here at all. Patton Drives East explores a few of the newer "what if" campaigns of both during and after WWII in the European Theater but also incorporates the new DECISION event that allows for much more variety in AI game play. This is not only highlighted in the default campaign but also in highly rated custom mods such as those available from PZGNDR's etc. Lots of options but if you do decide to purchase all 3 products I doubt you will be disappointed as attested to here in this thread.

Hope this helps,

Hubert

The ONLY dissapointment level i have!,...is...that I NEED 'More-Games'!...to satisfy my need's!.

I'm a WW2-Buff!,...and so for starter's would like to see "War In The Pacific!",...also...Campaign Games such as "Battle For Italy!",...where the game SPECIALIZES with Predominately 'ITALY!'...and other's such as that!.

Including!...some Modern Situation's & Ancient Historical Situation's...Such as ... 'The Middle East'...Past & Present!...Ancient-Rome, Greece-->[Vrs SPARTA_Vrs PERSIAN-EMPIRE] the 'Conquistadore's ' from Spain making their rampages through Central & South-America!...and so on!.

Hello Blashy!!!:

I am greatly encouraged by your comment that 'Normal-Dude!!!' is working on a Massive Map Campaign depicting ITALY!.

I played a game dealing with ITALY from???...Avalon Hill???...who know's anymore???. Anyway it was intense!!!,...as many German Divisions were rushed into ITALY from Russia & Europe at the beginning of the Campaign to sweep the 'American & British' Dog's from Italy,...and then later,...as the Russian [Eastern-Front] became more desperate,...many unit's from Italy were redirected back to the Eastern Front!. Or!!!...so...that is how i recall that information from over 20 to 30 year's ago...when i knew it much better!.