New Mod: Flames

I just checked the flames you added more yellow to and I have to say that version is spot on. The first version was a tad heavy on the orange side but better than the stock bmp in my opinion...but this newest one you've made nailed it.

Thanks.

Mord.

Why do some of the flames have a little bit of smoke winding upwards and most of them have nothing? Is this a default type problem? Surely it would be better to have a huge column of smoke above the vehicle at least as wide at its start point as the vehicle itself?

It looks silly atm but it's probably not the modders fault. Curious!

Indeed are smoke and flames handeled separatly by the gameengine, that's nothing a modder can change.

IMO, even the flames are placed randomly on the tank, what doesn't makes much sense. The whole (visual) damage model is nearly non existent, but IIRC Steve mentioned that they are working on this or have it at least somewhere on the to-do list. I really hope so. I understand that Charles as the only programer can do only a limited number of things at one time, but even a comparebly mediocer game like TOW makes this better.

Maybe a helping hand (no, not me ;)) would be a good idea. Of course I have no idea of producing and selling software, but I assume the basic wisdom 'if you want to make money, you have to invest money first' applies here, too. After all, we are talking about the flagship-gameseries of Battlefront, don't we? ;)