Event Script Suggestion For Patton Drives East

greetings, i do not know if it already are on the engine, so on i want ask for it,

an event script that make available the option to some major power to switch sides when some condition to be set is fullfilled, in fact, i ask for it as for some use on it as follow...

berlin falls (allies/russians)... russia then becomes axis swithing sides and then the conflict is western allies against soviet union, then, we can have both, fall weiss with chances for german-axis victory but open-ended with the new axis power against allies (soviets), obviously i do not know what bugs can come in with such an event and indeed i do not know if it is possible to adress on the engine, just find it interesting to ask, thanks in advance for any and all advice,

with best regards,

alarick.

Alaric,

This was also suggested during the development of PDE and one of the issues was that if a player knew one of their Allies was about to switch sides a few gamey maneuvers could come into play such as disbanding your units, reckless combat, purchases and so on before the switch etc.

There were some ideas to smooth this type of downside out of the game but in the end I decided there were just too many potential loopholes that needed to be adequately addressed.

If you remember with the original release of SC2 you could force a major to actually switch sides before they joined and you could declare war on a friendly major but this also needed to be removed as it was easily exploitable, i.e. Allied player could remove all US units from Washington and then DoW on the US and take it on the same turn.

The ideal solution,imho, would be to make SC2 and its expaansions a three player game: western allies, soviets and Axis.

Don't know how hard this could be though, probably tough since it was not done and I'm sure this must have been discused while developing the game and its expansions.

Originally posted by rjh1971:

The ideal solution,imho, would be to make SC2 and its expaansions a three player game: western allies, soviets and Axis.

Don't know how hard this could be though, probably tough since it was not done and I'm sure this must have been discused while developing the game and its expansions.

It sounds good, but I wonder whether in practice it would make the game a lot slower to play.

Having a major played by the AI, with a way to encourage it to do whatever it is you want done, might be a bit more achievable.

Imagine if Italy or the USSR were played by the AI, while you command Germany or the western allies.Undoubtedly it'll be a bit frustrating too, but I think it might be the best way to replicate the problems of alliances without adding too much coding and playing time.

Well from my experience with GG A World Divided which can be played with as many as five players, though what is common is two or four players games, the main risk is that someone quits or stops answering (goes MIA). That's a risk you have to take, but if you chose your opponents carefully the handicap is minimum, some times you have to inquire where the hell is the turn but that's live...

I don't see a pbem where the AI is controlling one side it would be a clear disadvantge for the proper AI to be playing against to humans lol, must recognize that SC2 and expansions have one of the best AIs I've ever seen.