First Bug - Solved

Patton Drives East, Stalin Drives West. Both scenarios won't load.

Get error message - Failed (initialize_unit_surface): 0x800a0035

The 1939 scenario loads normally, haven't checked the others yet.

[ May 14, 2008, 07:56 AM: Message edited by: Lars ]

Hi Lars,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. My guess is that perhaps the installation or download was corrupted? I looked up the code for the error you received and it is basically a missing file error which of course should not be happening.

Can you try to re-download and/or a re-installation of the game to see if that helps?

Hubert

Hi Lars,

Can you check to see that the unit_sprites_3d.bmp file is located in the installation 'Bitmaps' folder?

The reason the basic wwii stuff is probably running is that they do not use the default installation bitmaps but customized ones within their own campaign folder, so I am just wondering if the default ones have been corrupted on your installation.

I would also check the permission of the 'Bitmaps' folder to see it is not write protected.

Hubert

Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

It really shouldn't be a problem but unfortunately Win98 is no longer officially supported as Microsoft has abandoned support for that OS as well.

Any chance you can try your download on another computer just to verify that it is not corrupted and works as expected?

I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

Ok, have tried to install twice on a XP machine. This one is having trouble with the license. Says it was done during the elicense part, but when you hit launch, says you need to install it.

And then doesn't give you a chance to. Have I mentioned how much I hate dongles?

Originally posted by Lars:

Well, runs fine under XP on a much newer machine.

I would suspect either Win98 or old video card/drivers. Could be the processor too, but it does run the wwii scenarios, so I doubt it.

thanks for report the work around, i strongly recommend about xp professional with service pack 2 installed, it is all about spy/mal-ware and service pack 2 restricted very much the "Problems" that can arise,

best regards,

alarick.