Chechen War - Komsomolskoye

Komsompreview2.png

Komsompreview.jpg

Loosely based on various skirmishes of the second chechen war of 1999.

NO PLAN for the red side. Only playable against AI from the blue side.

Primarily made for PBEM or RT. Two versions are available.

Not much room for manouver in this one, but that is done with a purpose.

Feed me feedback folks.

DL file vs AI:

http://www.mediafire.com/?c4vxxmamzye

DL file for pbem:

http://www.mediafire.com/?cxzixztxxbd

Anyone having any luck with the air and artillery assets hitting within a couple hundred yards of their target?

I've got rockets flying off of the map completely, and bombs missing the entire town, let alone the buildings they're targetted at. I'm using the FO of course, with 5 minute delays. Are they so inaccurate because I'm assigning multiple missions to the FO at once?

Great map and scenario, thanks Schmoly!

Somehow I got a minor victory though I bungled the entire operation from the word go. My BM21 barrage never landed...apparently they take 20+ minutes to complete spotting. 122's worked out fine though. Air force never appeared.

DasNoogie: infantry AI is a little klunky still. Grunts are extremely fragile...same problem as TOW: the 1:1 modeling doesn't include a very strong sense of personal self-preservation. I had to move a bunch of tanks and APC's up into the woods and blast them out...6 vehicles lost or imobilized, but vaporized all the baddies.

thankyou well done, really enjoyed this one.

played russians lost 7 vehicles, soldier losses about 1:2.5 ( very muddy? )

managed to get air strikes in ok. Arti takes a while but realistic, have to check spotting rounds and correct... ( heard of chechan breaking into russian comms and directing russian strikes on themselves-pity cant replicate that.) I see you have changed it but im sticking with it as is.

:D

Here is what im trying to emulate with that particular thing m.billy:

"Speyer explains that the Russians were sloppy in talking in the open on their communications systems. Almost all Chechens speak Russian, and they were able to listen to Russian messages and transmit misleading instructions that redirected Russian artillery and aircraft missions. Russian interior troops in particular were careless about unsecure radio communications, Speyer adds.

Dilegge adds that Russian forces ignored many other basic communications security procedures. In addition to not using cryptography, they did not regularly change frequencies because of the logistics challenges of synchronizing the process among every unit. U.S. forces, by comparison, change their communications format every 24 hours. Chechen officials claim that they could intercept Russian tactical communications on their own commercial off-the-shelf radios. Code phrases used by the Russians in open communications were easily deciphered and understood. Helicopter traffic, aircraft communications and satellite telephony all were intercepted, the rebels claim".

http://www.afcea.org/signal/archives/content/May00/echoes-may.html