Kick off! "Al Vazel Stadium" 2p map

Ok this is my first try in map making, it will definetely need some playtesting. Meeting engagement around a soccer field intended for 2 players, however I have made AI plans for both sides but force balance is 2p orientated. Basically I put all my effort in the map and added an objective and opposing mechanized forces..if anyone wishes to make a more decent scenario out of this he'd be welcome.

CMShockForce2007-08-1419-22-38-57.jpg

Available for playtesting here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?6amozmcyzem

(Updated V1.00 with better AI for both Sides)

[ August 15, 2007, 07:07 AM: Message edited by: panzermartin ]

Originally posted by Pinetree:

yours looks a lot more middle eastern than mine:

I dunno, that picture-perfect Walmart'ish parking lot in the back doesn't look very middle eastern to me tongue.gif

Just played it though as Blue vs the AI - which unfortunately resulted in a cakewalk... Although I can see this being a very interesting scenario for multiplayer - I'll try playing it though TCP/IP over the weekend. I'm not sure if even a better Red AI will help any - Blue's javelins are just way too over powering for anything short of a proper human player's tactics.

That said, I love the way the map turned out - a lot of interesting elements, such as the building complex NE of the field - turned out really nice. Kudos!

Thanks Louch smile.gif heh...yeah the parking lot came out a little too perfect, especialy compared to the primitive stadium nearby :rolleyes:

I will soon upload an updated version with AI for both the Red and Blue side. Unless I make seperate vs AI versions it probably still be a cakewalk since the force balance was initialy for a 2p match.

I had the same initial impression as Louch regarding the parking lot.

Other than that, it is an excellent map.

I love the construction/workshop lots. Excellent use of elevation to simulate mounds of sand/dirt etc..

The three tennis courts are great too.

Another reason to want a copy&paste option. It would be great to add this map to a larger city scene.

Originally posted by panzermartin:

LOL..we can make the complete Syrian Football league series :D

You have done incredible work with the buildings.

From what I can see infantry will be able to use the roofs/seats, while in my version is not possible. Your team must be playing in premier division also..Mine is conference the most :D

LOL, definitely a premier league club :D .I think I got carpal tunnel making it too :D , especially getting rid of most of the internal walls.How big is your map? I haven't finished my map yet but I'm thinking I might reduce it's dimensions.It's currently 1km x 1km with not even half of it done and it's already starting to lag on my old P4 2.6 6600GT rig.All those buildings I guess...

footystadium2ds7.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 years later...